Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajroop

Is there a way to use FusionMaps in Flex Builder 3?

I'm interested in developing a mapping application with Flex Builder 3 and would like to know if it's possible to embed and manipulate the current version of your maps. Can I import the map swf into Flex Builder? Will the imported object expose its API the same way it does within Flash? Are there any examples that you can point me to? If it's not currently possible are there any plans to release a version of FusionMaps that will work with Flex? I'm currently using ILOG Elixir maps, but they only have a few maps and I'd much rather use FusionMaps.

Hi,

Yes, we will start working on FusionMaps for Flex in a few week's time.

It might be in your interest to know that we have released FusionCharts for Flex v1 (http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex). It now offers 45 chart types in both 2D & 3D including the newly added Scatter & Bubble chart. In addition to the general charts comprising of single-series, multi-series, stacked and combination charts, it also offers unique charts like scroll charts, true 3D chart and funnel & pyramid charts. Also, the drag & drop support in Flex Builder IDE has been improved and now you can see a chart in action by just dragging it from the toolbar to your project.

You can check it out and download your no-restriction evaluation copy from www.fusioncharts.com/flex.

Guest Rajroop

Hello :),

We are really excited to announce the release of FusionCharts for Flex v1.1 featuring the following:

- 12 new chart types: 7 new gauges including Angular gauge, LED gauge and Linear gauge, Spark chart and Bullet graphs have been added.

- All the gauges can fetch data in real-time and come with alert managers and message loggers.

- All the charts and gauges can now be natively exported as images and PDFs.

- The data for all the charts can be exported as CSV.

- Data sets can now have custom text labels instead of numeric values.

- The charts can handle a lot more events to help you manipulate them better.

- Trendlines can also have custom tool-text.

- Custom color palettes can be defined for the data plots.

Learn more about it from www.fusioncharts.com/flex and learn more on whats new from http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/VersionHistory.asp.

Existing customers can upgrade to the new version from www.fusioncharts.com/PUC.

Guest Rajroop

Hello there!!

Welcome to the FusionCharts Forum! ;)

I bring good news! FusionMaps for Flex will be release in the first week of February 2010.

Thank you so much for your patronage and patience.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Please bear with the inconvenience.

We are planning to release it this month.

We will post the news of the release in the Forum.

Hi,

Any idea on using the fusion map with flex.

As per my project requirements, i have to draw the line chart based on the region selected in Map. Are there any examples or links that can help me?

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, the FusionMaps v3 can not be used with Flex. We are planning to release FusionMaps for Flex shortly.

You can use the Drill-Down capability of FusionMaps V3 to show line charts when entitites on the map are clicked.

ref. - http://www.fusioncharts.com/dashboards/retail/

Awaiting your reply.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, we can not give you a fixed date for the release of FusionMaps for Flex.

But, we are planning to release it shortly.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

We expect to release the beta of FusionCharts for Flex within a week and we expect to come up with our first release within this month.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

We will definitely let you know as soon as we come up with release.

Thanks for your patience.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

FusionMaps for Flex is now out of Beta.

We are happy to release FusionMaps for Flex v1.0 - animated, interactive and dynamic maps for your Adobe Flex Solutions.

FusionMaps for Flex boasts of the following:

* Provides over 314 maps including all continents, countries, US states, and states/counties of a lot of other countries.

* Supports dynamic-resizing.

* API for Drill-down, mouse interactivity, export etc.

* Custom Markers, shapes, connector lines.

* Works with Flex Builder 2, Flex Builder 3 and Flash Builder 4 (Flex SDK 2/3/4).

* Simple copy-paste style installation.

* Lots of code samples and extensive documentation.

You may download the beta from www.fusioncharts.com/flex/download.

You may see the online demos at :

www.fusioncharts.com/flex/demos/us-election/index.html or

www.fusioncharts.com/flex/demos/us-employment-distribution/index.html.

You may see all the map using our interactive Map Explorer.

To read more on how to use FusionMaps for Flex, you may also visit the Online Documentation at www.fusioncharts.com/flex/docs/maps.

Your feedback is VERY important to us and we would love to hear any suggestions, complaints, modifications, feature requests, compliments etc.