Pallav

ColdFusion and JavaScript question

I'm using the dataXML method with coldfusion and javascript from the example provided with FusionCharts v3 (cfm_js_xml.html).

In the function updateChart, a 'factoryIndex' is called from the first chart and is used to populate the bottom chart. This works great. However, this 'factoryIndex' number is also populated in the caption of the bottom chart.

Is there a way to have the caption populate with the name of the factory selected rather than with the index value? The index is just a sequentially increasing number and is not very useful as an identifier.

I'm showing weekly data for several locations in the top chart (latest week available) and when I click on one of the locations, I have their specific weekly trend show in the bottom chart...but I want the location name to show in the caption, not an index number.

I'm thinking that another variable would need to be defined and used, but I am clueless as to how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

You'll then additionally need to pass the factory name from top chart to bottom chart. Also, while building the XML, this has to be taken into account.