Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

Adobe CS3 Flash 9.0 Action Script 3.0 - Guide for Flash Developers

Following the instructions on

http://fusioncharts.com/Docs/Index.html

under Overview.

I first encountered errors with the include statements. I found that removing the # signs from in front of the two includes stopped those errors.

I then started getting errors with the extend statement in the various class definitions. I added the path in front of those class defines such as:

class com.fusioncharts.core.SingleYAxis2DVerticalChart extends com.fusioncharts.core.SingleYAxis2DChart

Which took me to the next one with the same issue, SingleYAxis2DChart, then the same with SingleYAxisChart. Those errors ended up until Chart.

I'm now getting this error and don't know what to do?

SingleYAxisChart.as, Line 14

1017: The definition of base class Chart was not found.

class com.fusioncharts.core.SingleYAxisChart extends com.fusioncharts.core.Chart

It doesn't matter if I set it back to

class com.fusioncharts.core.SingleYAxisChart extends Chart

it still can't be found.

It does seem sure that the path info is needed as I get nowhere until I fix that. Perhaps something is wrong with the include statements mentioned earlier.

Have these functions/classes been tested with CS3 products? I noticed the instructions said to use Flash 8 or above, but made no mention of anything beyond Action Script 2.0 such as 3.0.

Thanks,

John Hinton

So, the wording on the website needs to be changed to "Flash 8" instead of "Flash 8 or above"?

I have a tremendous amount of backtracking to do to get the rest of this application backed up into version 8... Crud.