Sign in to follow this  
ItalFreak

Image not exported for save

Hi,

I'm trying to save a v3.1 chart as JPG or PDF from the client side and got this far as that the 'capture phase' is working fine. It shows 'Capturing Data 0-100%' and then finishes. The 'Save' button then appears or rather gets active but does not do a thing. When clicked something happens in the background but nothing on screen. I guess the 'Save as' dialog should appear ?

The debug window shows:

value="292.4" />

Export Capture Process Start: The chart has started capturing bitmap data for export.

Export Trasmit Data Start: The chart has finished capture stage of bitmap export and is now initiating transfer of data to JS function 'FC_ExportDataReady'

What could I do next to check or try ?

Best regards, Jean

Yesterday I tried on my other laptop, running Vista and guess what: On Vista saving the charts works, on 2 different XP machines it does not. (Nothing happens after clicking the 'Save' button')

I still don't know where to look for the error but now maybe someone else does ?

I have got to get this working on XP as well....

Thanks, Jean

Edited by Guest

Sudipto Choudhury (3/6/2009)
Hi,

Please check whether you have Flash Player 10 installed in the machines.

Hi Sudipto,

Switching to Flash 10 solved my problem but I'm still confused about the requirements. The online documentation says: Client Side: Adobe Flash Player 8 (or above).

Is version 10 only necessary to be able to save graphs and version 8 or above to view them ?

I'm checking client site Flash version on my site and want to warn users about the minumum required version.

Thanks, Jean

Could anyone help on a similar problem - I don't get quite as far as ItalFreak.

In debug I get the following messages:

Export Capture Process Start: The chart has started capturing bitmap data for export.

Export Trasmit Data Start: The chart has finished capture stage of bitmap export and is now initiating transfer of data to JS function 'FC_ExportDataReady'.

...but the "Waiting" button never gets enabled or changes to Save.  I have upgraded to Flash Player 10.

I have resolved the issue - just needed to look more carefully at the examples!

I am running through IIS so did not have to make any security settings changes.

Hi,

I have Fusion Charts Enterprise.  I am trying to save/export a PNG/JPG/PDF. 

When I embed the javascript, DIV and set the xml parameters then go to right click the chart.  I click on "Save as JPEG Image", the capturing data dialog box appears, runs to 100% but the "Waiting" button does not change to "Save.

1: I have Flash Player 10 installed

2: I have the PHP GD Library installed

3: I want client side exporting

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Jason

To add:

I have taken this line from the v3 documentation:

var myExportComponent = new FusionChartsExportObject("fcExporter1", "../../FusionCharts/FCExporter.swf");

What is the fcExporter1 refering to?  Is that a JS Function, a DIV, etc?

Regards,

Jason

Guest Rajroop

Hey Jason,

In reference to your first query, could you please check whether you have enabled the registerWithJS option? If not, please do so and try again?

In reference to your second query, fcExporter1 refers to the object/embed tag of our FusionCharts Exporter SWF file.

I hope this helps. :)

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Can you use that method on a page with more than one chart?

Yes, provided that all the charts on the page are pointing to the same in their respective XML.

I hope this helps. :)

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Is there a way to save (onload) multiple charts to the server using the "server method".  Basically I want the charts saved when they are loaded so I can use them in a PDF.  If the images are saved on the server I can import them into my PDF generator solution.

Regards,

Jason

I also get this error message when I use the server export method.  I have followed the tutorial by the book.

Error: invalid property id

Source File: "removed"

Line: 0, Column: 35

Source Code:

try { __flash__toXML(FC_Exported(({<br />

Where is this <br /> coming from?

Regards,

Jason

Guest Rajroop

Hi Jason,

Is there a way to save (onload) multiple charts to the server using the "server method".  Basically I want the charts saved when they are loaded so I can use them in a PDF.  If the images are saved on the server I can import them into my PDF generator solution.

Yes, this is possible. You can use the FC_Rendered event in JavaScript and and call the chart.saveAsImage(); for this.

Where is this <br /> coming from?

Could you please make sure that your div ID and your chart ID are unique? This is basically showing the contents of the Div.

Looking forward to your feed back on this. :)

Rajroop - thanks for your suggestion to include "?registerWithJS=1"; it solved my problem that I had spent too much time trying to figure out!

Infosoft Global: Please put this step somewhere in your documentation about client-side export, I searched through the pages over and over and there is no mention of this step.

-Bob

Edited by Guest