schmichael

Image Export POST Data Format Change in 3.1?

I'm using FusionCharts with a Python web framework, and so I wrote my own image export script which you can see here: http://dpaste.com/16290/

That code worked fine in FusionCharts 3.0, but in 3.1 the colors are wrong. "works.png" attached is a manually taken screenshot while "broken.png" is what FusionCharts & my script produce.

I was hoping to use client-side exporting, but it seems to take 2 steps for a user instead of 1. While it might be slightly easier for a developer, I need to implement the easiest solution for my users.

Even if you don't know Python, the code from line 12 to the end should be fairly easy to read (the imstr object is just how I save the image to an in-memory "file" and return it to the browser on the last line).

I'm using Adobe Flash 10.0.22.87 for Linux in Firefox 3.0.7.

post-1869-12844157071_thumb.png

post-1869-128441570736_thumb.png

I've found the problem. I was reading the "meta_bgcolor" parameter instead of the "meta_bgColor" parameter.

Please please please please please document API changes like this. I hate having to look at the raw HTTP traffic and PHP files to reverse engineer my own code.

Also, is there a reason the shadows aren't showing in the export? What about SVG export?

I was really excited about 3.1, but so far instead of making my life better, its only made it worse. :(