Sign in to follow this  
th3soul

Bulb not updating in real time.

Hi,

We're currently evaluation the Fusionwidgets and although I have all the other charts working in real time no matter what I do I cannot get Bulb updating in realtime, it always sticks with the initial value, here is the config that I am using:

<html>

<head>

<title>FusionWidgets Chart Gallery - Real-Time Line Chart</title>

<script language="JavaScript" src="JSClass/FusionCharts.js"></script>

<link rel='stylesheet' href='Contents/Styles.css' />

</head>

<body bgcolor="#000000">

<table>

<tr>

<td align="center">

<div id="chartdiv13" align="center" class="text">

FusionWidgets needs Adobe Flash Player to run. If you're unable to see the chart here, it means that your browser does not seem to have the Flash Player Installed. You can downloaded it <a href="http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/" target="_blank"><u>here</u></a> for free.

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var myChart13 = new FusionCharts("Charts/Bulb.swf", "myChartId13", "100", "100", "0", "0");

myChart13.setDataURL("Data/bulb.xml");

myChart13.render("chartdiv13");

</script>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

<chart bgColor="C4D283, FFFFFF" decimalPrecision="0" numberSuffix="%25" lowerLimit="0" upperLimit="100" dataStreamURL="DataProviders/Bulb.asp" refreshInterval="4">

<colorRange>

<color minValue="0" maxValue="50" name="Normal" code="8BBA00"/>

<color minValue="50" maxValue="75" name="Warning" code="F6BD0F"/>

<color minValue="75" maxValue="100" name="Danger" code="FF654F"/>

</colorRange>

<value>52</value>

</chart>

Content of Bulb.asp:

&value=99

When I load the page the bulb stays at 52%.

Can you tell me if I'm doing anything wrong?

I have checked from the webserver and all the file permissions are correct, I have even tried using the HTML & XML from your site and this does not apear to work either.

When I run this on a page with other real time charts, all the other charts are updating at the correct intervals.

Regards,

Sam.

Edited by Guest

Hello Sam,

Welcome to the forum.

We checked your code at our lab, it is just fine. Therefore, the problem might be lying in the source of the data, that is, Bulb.asp .

Could you please send us the code being used in the same? Thank you.

The data in bulb.asp is as mentioned in the original message:

$ cat Bulb.asp

&value=99

$

I am using the same method to input the data as 12 other charts on the same page which all work. I event pointed the URL at your 'demo bulb souirce' from your website and this didn't work either.

Could there be a problem just with the evaluation version?

Regards,

Sam.

sorry should have mentioned Bulb.asp is just a text file and we update, I previously tried using bulb.txt (which also didnt work) but thought i'd rename it to keep everything as close to the original as 'the demo html' for the purpose of logging the problem. If I go the the URL:

http://localhost/beta/FusionWidgets_Trial/DataProviders/Bulb.asp

I get the value:

&value=99

So that is fine......

We're looking at purchasing a license iminantly this is the only outstanding issue.

Regards,

Sam.

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your keen interest in FusionWidgets.

As regards the issue at hand, could you please try adding a cache-killing query string to the chart URL, and try again?

The format would be as follows:

Bulb.swf?noCache=(milliseconds passed since midnight)

The problem might be due to cache-related issues.

To stop caching, we need to pass unique values to the query string. To do this, milliseconds past since midnight is a preferable solution because it effectively generates a new number every time.

You will be able to get this value from standard date/time objects or functions provided by any server side or client side scripting languages.

I look forward to your reply.

Hi,

As advised, please note that the Bulb.asp file is actually just a text file, let me change the filename to Bulb.txt so there is no confusion. In the file Bulb.txt there is just the contents:

&value=99

No script generates this value. I have another 12 of these "DataProviders" which work fine for other chart types.

Regards,

Sam

Hi,

Is there anything else I can try? I've now also tried multiple computers and browsers without any luck.

Regards,

Sam.

Hi Support,

We have now purchased the software, is there a formal way I can log a problem? It would appear that this problem has been given up on.

Regards,

Sam.

Hi,

Did you try the same data provider source file for all charts so that we can locate the issue specifically ?

We have tested the same data provider as you have specified but all worked fine in our labs.

Please also see whether you are not putting any new line character after the value in the data provider file. This would stop update.