Sign in to follow this  
Dhruva

Gantt Chart Height Limit

Hi,

I'm loading a gantt chart with a large number of processes/tasks and it appears that at some vertical point the drawing of the background grid lines and connectors stops, even though the chart continues to be drawn i.e. the datatable continues to extend and the bars continue to be shown but no connectors or grid lines.

Is there some limit to the vertical height of a gantt that prevents the lines on the chart being drawn?

If so, is there a way round this?

Thanks,

David

Hello David,

Currently, Flash player can only render images with a maximum dimension of 4000x4000 pixels. This could be a source of the problem. Could you please confirm if this is indeed the case?

Hi Dhruva,

Yes. This sounds like the problem. We suspected the 4000px limit but I didn't want to put ideas in your head :) I guess we'll have to find some way around it by running the data over multiple charts or something like that.

Thanks,

David

We're working on splitting the data over multiple charts as a workaround but it's not ideal.

It seems like many people must hit against this 4000px limit when they're using a gantt. The main point of using a gantt, I think, being to display a lot of time-phased data in a visual manner, so it can be analyzed more easily. There's not really much advantage in using a gantt to display a small amount of data (such as the example charts you provide). If it's just for eye-candy then use powerpoint or excel.

Do you have any plans for implementing a vertical scroll on the gantt chart? That would solve the problem once and for all.

Thanks,

David

Guest Rajroop

Hey there,

We've just released a new and free add-in for PowerPoint that lets you add FusionCharts very easily to your slides. Check out oomfo @ http://oomfo.com

Would love to have your feedback/suggestions. :)

Hi,

Yes. I am also facing the same problem in Gantt Chart Report. Let me know when this issue has been resolved.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

We expect to come up with the solution in our next major release(V4) by the end of this year.

I have the same problem with drawing pad and annotations. Any annotation of type image or rectangle that is rendered after the 4000 px is not displayed.

When is the fix expected?

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Pradeep,

I am afraid, Adobe Flash Player does not support this size.