Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

copy and paste fusion charts

Hello folks,

I am using fusioncharts in my ASP page. The chart displays beautifully on my webpage. But now, i need to find a way to copy the chart directly from the webpage and paste it on power point or any other software. I tried to export the webpage to an image document, but it didnt work. i know i could printScreen the page and paste it, but its too much of a hastle. Any suggestions?

Thank you

FusionCharts is rendered on the client side using Adobe Flash Player. Essentially, FusionCharts is a set of .swf files, which when requested by the users, downloads on his/her machine, reads the XML data and then plots the chart.

Owing to limitation of Flash Player itself, which doesnt allow saving the end output of the chart as image, FusionCharts too is bounded by the same limitations. As such, you cannot directly save the charts as bitmap/image/PDF.

Indirect ways of saving chart image are:

- You can third party tools like www.flashcapture.com to take one-click screenshots of the generated charts and then use it.

- You can use PDF Print drivers like www.pdf995.com to save the chart as PDF (by capturing it from Print Stream of your Operating System).

Starting FusionCharts v3.0.5, you can now export your charts as images. You may read more on it at:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/SAIOverview.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/SAISetting.html

A live demo is at http://www.fusioncharts.com/GalleryChart.asp?id=1 - just right click on the chart and select "Save as Image".

Hi,

Can you tell me if the saveImage feature available in the evaluation version via the JS method?  I tried it but when I go to load

chartToPrint.saveAsImage();

I get a JS "Object doesn't support this property or method" error.

Thank you!

-Deb

Hi, thanks for your note. :D

I grabbed 3.06 enterprise edition and have that installed now.  I see the Image Save As right-click feature now.  However, when I try to use the example saveChart();  I get a JS error still on the "chartToPrint.saveAsImage();" call.  It says Object doesn't support this property or method. 

function saveChart(){

//Get chart from its ID

var chartToPrint = getChartFromId('chart1Id');

chartToPrint.saveAsImage(); //bombs on this call

}

Yes, I am registering it with JS, and it's not inside a form, and I can use getChartId.  It's the call to chartToPrint.saveAsImage(); that won't work on the active-X object.

var so = new FusionCharts('FusionCharts/MSColumn2D.swf', 'chart1Id','600','400','0','1','FFFFFF','exactFit','','8');
so.addParam("type", "application/x-shockwave-flash");
so.addParam("id", "chart1Id");
so.addParam("FlashVars","&dataURL=cache/[b]<?=[/b]$currentwidgetkey[b]?>[/b].xml");
so.addParam("movie", "FusionCharts/MSColumn2D.swf");
so.addParam("quality", "high");
so.addParam("menu", "true"); 
so.addParam("wmode", "opaque"); 
so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always"); 
so.addParam("pluginurl", "http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"); 
so.render("chart1div"); 

Thanks for your help!

-D

Hi,

Can you make sure the SWF is v3.0.6 by switching the debug mode to on? If that's the case, I cannot find anything else wrong with your code. You would have to send us the entire HTML at support [at] fusioncharts.com