Sign in to follow this  
Dhruva

Column3D Order By

Dear Sirs,

I am working with Fusion Charts, and I have a small problem I cant resolve. I have a column3D chart and in my X axis I have day of week.
My chart works fine my only problem is that I cant order the days of the week as per Monday, Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri... they come up in different order

I have my tables in SQL 2000 and using Visual studio C# I have the following code, which works fine:

ViewState.Add(

"select", "Select Count(DayOfWk) as 'Total', obroie1.Calendar2.DayOfWk, QtrWeek, obroie1.Calendar2.NumberID");

ViewState.Add(

"table", "dbo.tbl_PSC_Mailbox, obroie1.Calendar2");

ViewState.Add(

"where", "((convert(varchar(8), dbo.tbl_PSC_Mailbox.DateEmailed, 1)) = (convert(varchar(8), obroie1.Calendar2.DateEmailed, 1)))");

ViewState.Add(

"Group By", "Group By DayOfWk, QtrWeek, NumberID");

ViewState.Add(

"Order By", "Order By NumberID");

ViewState.Add(

"chartType", "Column3D.swf");

My problem is when I put together my query:

If I use the below it works, the column3D works fine but the days of the week are not in the correct order in the X axis, it shows as per sunday, wed, mon etc:

String query = (String)ViewState["select"] + " FROM " + (String)ViewState["table"] + " WHERE " + (String)ViewState["where"] + " And QtrWeek Like '" + (String)ViewState["Week"] + "'" + (String)ViewState["Group By"];
But If I add the Order by section it doesnt work anymore, like: 

String query = (String)ViewState["select"] + " FROM " + (String)ViewState["table"] + " WHERE " + (String)ViewState["where"] + " And QtrWeek Like '" + (String)ViewState["Week"] + "'" + (String)ViewState["Group By"] + (String)ViewState["Order By";

Please if you could help me to solve this problem, maybe something wrong with my sql string???

Thanks & Regards

Eileen O'Broin

Hello Eileen,

This is most likely an issue with the query string(s). Though I am not very proficient with query strings, I suggest that you try using obroie1.Calendar2.NumberID instead of NumberID, in all the queries, and try again.