STEW_ERI

FusionCharts (Update Issues)

Hi,

I have just downloaded the recent update and have attempted to update one of my pages to make sure everything is working, although the chart doesnt render on the page and only displays "Chart." where the chart is supposed to be. When I "View Source" on the page, all the values and labels are there although no chart.

Here is my code:

<!--#include file="../scripts/FusionCharts/Class/FusionCharts_Gen.asp"-->
<%
dim FCAppAwardNumber

set FCAppAwardNumber = new FusionCharts

call FCAppAwardNumber.setChartType("Column3D")
call FCAppAwardNumber.setSize("100%","150")
call FCAppAwardNumber.setSWFPath("../scripts/FusionCharts/Charts/")
call FCAppAwardNumber.setID("AAFigures")
Call FCAppAwardNumber.setChartMessage("ChartNoDataText=Chart Data not provided;PBarLoadingText=Please Wait.The chart is loading...")

FCAppAwardNumberParam = "caption=Application and Award;subcaption=Figures;xAxisName=Academic Year;yAxisName=Total;debugMode=1"
call FCAppAwardNumber.setChartParams(FCAppAwardNumberParam)

call FCAppAwardNumber.addChartData(RS2("Count"), "Label=A 0809", "")
call FCAppAwardNumber.addChartData(RS3("Count"), "Label=A 0809", "")
call FCAppAwardNumber.addChartData(RS4("Count"), "Label=A 0708", "")
call FCAppAwardNumber.addChartData(RS5("Count"), "Label=A 0708", "")
%>
<html>
<head>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript" SRC="../scripts/FusionCharts/charts/FusionCharts.js"></SCRIPT>
</head>
<body>
<table><tr><td><% 
call FCAppAwardNumber.renderChart(false)
%>
</td></tr></table>
</body>
</html>

The RS3... are all SQL RecordSets, they have not been modifed and were used with the previous charts and are still correctly returning the correct figures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stewart

Hello Stewart,

Could you please confirm the following?

1. The path of the FusionCharts.js file is correct and accesible.

2. There are no errors reported in the error console of Firefox.

3.If the above are okay, could you please check if any newline character is getting generated in the script?

If these are not the case, then could you please attach the generated HTML, so that we may have a look?

Hello Again,

I dont have Firefox installed on my computer, I am currently using Internet Explorer 8. It does throw an error when I bring up the developer tools in IE8 on line 150 which is the following. The error message is "FusionCharts is undefined".

var chart_AAFigures = new FusionCharts("../scripts/FusionCharts/Charts/Column3D.swf?ChartNoDataText=Chart Data not provided&PBarLoadingText=Please Wait.The chart is loading...", "AAFigures", "100%", "150", "0", "0","","noScale","EN");

I have double checked the path to the swf files and checked the folder permissions on the folder and all files within the folder, they are currently all set to "Full Control" on the server.

Here is the code from the client-side once the page is generated.

<!-- START Script Block for Chart AAFigures -->
<div id='AAFiguresDiv' >
Chart.
</div>
<script type="text/javascript"> 
//Instantiate the Chart 
var chart_AAFigures = new FusionCharts("../scripts/FusionCharts/Charts/Column3D.swf?ChartNoDataText=Chart Data not provided&PBarLoadingText=Please Wait.The chart is loading...", "AAFigures", "100%", "150", "0", "0","","noScale","EN");
//Provide entire XML data using dataXML method 
chart_AAFigures.setDataXML("<chart caption='Application and Award' subcaption='Figures' xAxisName='Academic Year' yAxisName='Total' debugMode='1' ><set value='644' Label='Awards 0809' /><set value='1749' Label='Applications 0809' /><set value='691' Label='Awards 0708' /><set value='1807' Label='Applications 0708' /></chart>");
// Provide Transparent SWF
chart_AAFigures.setTransparent(false);
//Finally, render the chart.
chart_AAFigures.render("AAFiguresDiv");
</script> 
<!-- END Script Block for Chart AAFigures -->

I have also attempted to move the script files into the same directory as the page and the same thing happens. I tried with Firefox and it does the same thing.

Stewart

It is not the swf files that are causing trouble. There is a file called FusionCharts.js inside the download package. That file should be put in an accesible folder, and the path to that should be set properly. The file can be found under Download Package -> JSClass folder.

I hope this'll help!

Hi,

I have checked the path and all is corect and it still comes up with the same problem if I move the FusionCharts.js file into the same directory as the pages.

Do you think there might be an issue with the .js file?

Stewart