agreene

'DOMId' is undefined error with some charts

On some of my charts I get several javascript errors while the chart is being rendered. They all say the same thing

'export_59' is undefined. export_59 is my DOMid

Some examples of what it is trying to execute:

__flash__addCallback(export_59, "saveAsImage");

and

try { export_59.SetReturnValue(__flash__toXML(FC_DataLoaded("export_59")) ); } catch (e) { export_59.SetReturnValue(""); }

After about 13 of those JS errors the chart will render and is correct, but then my export won't work because it can't find the chart by the id.

I am building all of my charts with direct html code. Could this error occur if it takes too long for data to come back from my chartdata.aspx that is populatingdataURL?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help with this.

Edited by Guest

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Could you please provide the XML code, so that we might have a closer look.

It appears its just my machine that is having this problem. My co-workers are not having this problem using the same web project. I tried restarting my computer. Is there a particular setting I should check somewhere?

agreene (6/17/2009)
It appears its just my machine that is having this problem. My co-workers are not having this problem using the same web project. I tried restarting my computer. Is there a particular setting I should check somewhere?

Hello agreene,

IMHO, there might be a problem with your Flash Player Installation. :) Re-installing the Flash Player might just solve your problem. There is a small post on re-installing Flash Player for Internet Explorer in Post #10208. See if this works for you. ;)

Do lemme know!