nlaslett

Chart doesn't render sometimes in Chrome

In Google Chrome (2.0.172.30), sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) the chart/map does not render after initialization. Refreshing the screen (F5) usually fixes the problem and causes the chart/map to render.

The .render() function clearly has been called because the <div> contents have been replaced with the flash object; it just shows as a blank (white) box.

This was true in both FusionCharts/FusionMaps 3.0.6 and 3.1.1.

I am using the latest version of Flash Player (10.0.22.87).

I am calling the .render() function at the end of the <body>, and have also tried calling it from the header in a window.onload function but get the same results.

Realize that this could be a bug in either Chrome or Flash, but thought I would post it in case there is anything you can do. Feels like a timeout/timing issue.

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by Guest

Hello,

Currently, we've found an issue with FusionCharts for Chrome in rendering Flash movies (charts) with lots of ActionScript involved.

We're fixing it.

Meanwhile, you may develop your application with Firefox, Safari, IE and once we release the updated version - it will work in Chrome too.

Thanks! You guys are awesome.

Will this be a minor patch to the FusionCharts.js file or will this require a fundamental change in the .swf files (meaning you'll have to re-release all chart and map files)?

Just trying to plan ahead...

Neil

Hello.

I've been having the same problems that are commented here.

I see the post is from 2009 and there's not any answer about when is it going to be fixed.

Now I'm using Chrome 5.0.375.127 and the problem is still there.

Have you gotten some improvements with this issue in the last months?, is there a solution?

Thanks.