Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

MultiSeries Stacked Bar chart alternatives

I just recently started using FusionCharts and am very new to the library. I searched the topics on the forum for anything that related to my problem, If I missed one please feel free to refer me to the relevant thread.

I have setup a small scenario to illustrate exactly where I'm running into limitations using the multi-series stacked column 2D chart. Consider a company that has two branch locations, A and B. Each location tracks the number of accidents that occur for each year, as well as the severity of the accidents. For simplicity, lets say the severities are low, medium, and high. I wish to create a graph that shows events by location over the last several years, stacked by accident severity. The multi-series stacked 2D chart seemed to be the answer. The limitation I'm running into has to do with the fact that the dataset element I wish to use for the location (it would be the parent dataset of datasets representing each accident severity level) does not support attributes such as seriesName - further I do not seem to have the ability to manipulate the contents of the legend (outside of styling). It is driven of the child data sets only.

I am including an example file that illustrates what I'm trying to do...

Am I missing something obvious? Is this the wrong chart for the job? Are there other charts better suited for what I'm trying to do?

ExampleXML.xml

I would like to clarify - I guess I am not looking for an alternative way to solve the problem - I was inquiring about usage on the chart, and specifically, if there was way to deal with the scenario I constructed using the stacked bar chart.

Hi,

In FusionCharts multi-series stacked chart, you can set the series names for internal <dataset> element only, as each internal <dataset> element represents a column on the chart.

Also, the legend comes directly from <dataset> seriesName itself.

Thanks Pallav - I had gotten to that conclusion. I do think it is a little weird that this chart is limited in this fashion, but it's hard to design for every scenario =). I will look into modifying the source code that came with the charting library to see if I can't come up with something decent for a legend.

Seth

Hi,

I have also he same request,

can we change legend to put title for the single bar and another title for the second and the another for the both.

For exemple :

title1 title2 title1 title2 title1 title2

2005 2006 2007

Thanks