saptarshi

Random Map Size in IE

We started working with FusionMaps recently and have a problem that I have not seen posted in the forums.  We have set up maps for the US and if we use IE 7 or IE8 to view the charts, occasionally the charts lose their proper size, the map border, and the legend.  The hot spots we have set up still work, but the size is incorrect.

If we use FireFox 3 to view the charts, we have no problems with these charts, this problem only seems to appear when using IE.

I have included an example of the map in this buggy state below.  You'll notice that when it is in this buggy state, it adds some sort of arrow in the upper right hand corner, but it doesn't appear that I can click on it or do anything with this new arrow.

In case this might be the helpful to resolving the problem, we are using .NET and it automatically scales the chart to a size that is 300 pixel's smaller then the user's screen resolution.  For example, if someone's monitor resolution is set to 1280x1024, then the map is auto sized in the function call to 980x724.

59aea03f-7e0b-4787-8919-fd7d.jpg

I have attached a copy of the except of code that generates the map as requested. I did not attach the entire HTML page because I it's essentially a template that works that calls either a FusionChart or a FusionMap depending on what we want to display, and for FusionCharts it works out just fine. But if we need it for debugging purposes, I can supply a full HTML code set as well.

mapHTML.txt

I am doing a follow up to this support thread as I haven't seen any activity since I last provided a copy of the HTML we used to produce the map. Is there anything else I can provide or something I can try to resolve this problem?

I have the same problem. I see that the map gets elongated and a small arrow appears on the map when F5 is pressed especially in IE. I have attached a screen shot of the map. Any help to resolve this issue is highly appreciated. I have to deliver this project next week.

Thanks,

Mona.

post-4993-128441573314_thumb.png

Edited by Guest

Has this issue been resolved? I see the last post was from support about 5 months ago indicating they are working on the issue. We are experiencing the same issue and are looking for the resolution. Thanks!

Guest Rajroop

Hello there,

Welcome!

We've made repeated attempts to recreate this issue but with no avail. Could you please help us by providing your testing specification(s) where you are facing this issue?

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of FusionMaps for this i.e. v3.1.1.

Looking forward to your post. :)

Sure - it's not that difficult to replicate. Here's a sample link:

http://www.mywahlpro.com/test/test

If you open the link in Chrome, FireFox, or IE, everything is fine (you can see the entire Map). Once you refresh the page, Chrome and FireFox refresh fine...but in IE, it appears to "zoom in"...and you can only see the Northwestern region of the map.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

The issue was being aroused because the DomId could not be referenced as the page was still loading.

I am attaching your code with a simple modification.

I hope this will work.

WahlPro Back Office.zip

Great - thanks! I tried your example and you are correct - the map size no longer changes. However, I am not able to locate the "small change" that was made to correct this. Can you explain what change was made so that I can investigate further? Thanks again!

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

In the code before the chart was rendered in the <td> element jsut after you had declared the div(id=adminRepMap).

I changed that part of the <script> and shifted it outside the table itself.

<BODY>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=920 border=0>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top width=600>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD

style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../../_admin/images/portlet_big_top.jpg); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat"

noWrap height=24><STRONG>Representatives by Location</STRONG> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../../_admin/images/portlet_big_bg.jpg); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-y">

<DIV id=adminRepMap align=center>adminRepMap</DIV>

</TD></TR>

<TR height=24>

<TD

style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../../_admin/images/portlet_big_bottom.jpg); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat"

noWrap>  </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>

<TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>

var myChart = new FusionCharts("FCMap_USA.swf", "FusionCharts_1", "500", "250", "0", "1");

myChart.setDataXML("<map fillColor='CCCCCC' borderColor='FFFFFF' connectorColor='000000' fillAlpha='70' showCanvasBorder='0' showLabels='0' hoverColor='FFFFFF' showLegend='0' showBevel='0' numberSuffix=''><colorRange><color minValue='0' maxValue='2' color='336699' legendCaption='txt'  /><color minValue='3' maxValue='5' color='CCCCCC' /><color minValue='6' maxValue='8' color='999999' /></colorRange><data>'<entity id='AK' toolText='AKNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=AK'  value='7'  />'<entity id='AL' toolText='ALNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=AL'  value='7'  />'<entity id='AR' toolText='ARNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=AR'  value='7'  />'<entity id='AZ' toolText='AZNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=AZ'  value='7'  />'<entity id='CA' toolText='CANo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=CA'  value='7'  />'<entity id='CO' toolText='CONo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=CO'  value='7'  />'<entity id='CT' toolText='CTNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=CT'  value='7'  />'<entity id='DC' toolText='DCNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=DC'  value='7'  />'<entity id='DE' toolText='DENo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=DE'  value='7'  />'<entity id='FL' toolText='FLNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=FL'  value='7'  />'<entity id='GA' toolText='GANo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=GA'  value='7'  />'<entity id='HI' toolText='HINo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=HI'  value='7'  />'<entity id='IA' toolText='IANo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=IA'  value='7'  />'<entity id='ID' toolText='IDNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=ID'  value='7'  />'<entity id='IL' toolText='ILNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=IL'  value='7'  />'<entity id='IN' toolText='INNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=IN'  value='7'  />'<entity id='KS' toolText='KSNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=KS'  value='7'  />'<entity id='KY' toolText='KYNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=KY'  value='7'  />'<entity id='LA' toolText='LANo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=LA'  value='7'  />'<entity id='MA' toolText='MANo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=MA'  value='7'  />'<entity id='MD' toolText='MDNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=MD'  value='7'  />'<entity id='ME' toolText='MENo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=ME'  value='7'  />'<entity id='MI' toolText='MINo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=MI'  value='7'  />'<entity id='MN' toolText='MNNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=MN'  value='7'  />'<entity id='MO' toolText='MONo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=MO'  value='7'  />'<entity id='MS' toolText='MSNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=MS'  value='7'  />'<entity id='MT' toolText='MTNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=MT'  value='7'  />'<entity id='NC' toolText='NCNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=NC'  value='7'  />'<entity id='ND' toolText='NDNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=ND'  value='7'  />'<entity id='NE' toolText='NENo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=NE'  value='7'  />'<entity id='NH' toolText='NHNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=NH'  value='7'  />'<entity id='NJ' toolText='NJNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=NJ'  value='7'  />'<entity id='NM' toolText='NMNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=NM'  value='7'  />'<entity id='NV' toolText='NVNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=NV'  value='7'  />'<entity id='NY' toolText='NYNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=NY'  value='7'  />'<entity id='OH' toolText='OHNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=OH'  value='7'  />'<entity id='OK' toolText='OKNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=OK'  value='7'  />'<entity id='OR' toolText='ORNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=OR'  value='7'  />'<entity id='PA' toolText='PANo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=PA'  value='7'  />'<entity id='PR' toolText='PRNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=PR'  value='7'  />'<entity id='RI' toolText='RINo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=RI'  value='7'  />'<entity id='SC' toolText='SCNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=SC'  value='7'  />'<entity id='SD' toolText='SDNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=SD'  value='7'  />'<entity id='TN' toolText='TNNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=TN'  value='7'  />'<entity id='TX' toolText='TXNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=TX'  value='7'  />'<entity id='UT' toolText='UTNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=UT'  value='7'  />'<entity id='VA' toolText='VANo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=VA'  value='7'  />'<entity id='VT' toolText='VTNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=VT'  value='7'  />'<entity id='WA' toolText='WANo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=WA'  value='7'  />'<entity id='WI' toolText='WINo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=WI'  value='7'  />'<entity id='WV' toolText='WVNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=WV'  value='7'  />'<entity id='WY' toolText='WYNo Representative Found' link='index.jsp?location_cd=WY'  value='7'  /></data> <styles> <definition>  <style type='animation' name='animX' param='_xscale' start='0' duration='1' />  <style type='animation' name='animY' param='_yscale' start='0' duration='1' /> </definition>  <application>  <apply toObject='PLOT' styles='animX,animY' /> </application> </styles></map>");

myChart.render("adminRepMap"); 

</SCRIPT><BR><BR><BR></BODY></HTML>

Hope this helps. :)

Hello,

We are very excited to announce the release of FusionCharts v3.2 that leverages Flash and JavaScript (HTML5) to create stunning charts. It introduces the new zoom charts, Pareto & Marimekko charts and works with both XML and JSON data.

It now works on iPads and iPhones as well. Please visit
to find out what's new.

Furthermore, with this release, we have changed our licensing policies and pricing for our core products - FusionCharts, FusionWidgets, FusionMaps & PowerCharts. More details at:

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us at:

Thank you and have a good day.
:)

Guest Angie

Dear User,

We are delighted to announce that PowerCharts is now ready for your iPads and iPhones too. We have just released PowerCharts v3.2. Starting v3.2, PowerCharts has HighCharts embedded within it, and offers both Flash and JavaScript (HTML5) charting . The Flash charts are displayed on a majority of devices and the JavaScript charts on devices that do not support Flash, all of it without writing a line of code.

Automatic rendering of JavaScript charts on devices (like iPad and iPhone) where Flash player is not supported.

5 new chart types:

Heat Map Chart

Box and Whisker Chart

Step Line Chart

Error Line Chart

Error Scatter Chart

* Support for JSON data format.

* Support for LinkedCharts, where a single data source controls multiple charts.

* Interactive legends in charts allow selective showing/hiding of data series.

* Legends now support icons for each data series.

* Better management of labels on charts.

* Labels now have an auto rendering mode to prevent them from overlapping, the chart selects the best display mode depending on the length of the labels and the width of the chart.

* Long labels are truncated, with ellipses appended to the truncated end of each label, and a tooltip bearing the completed label text is displayed when the user hovers over a truncated label.

* Support for line breaks and wrapping in all text elements including: caption, sub caption, X-axis title, Y-axis title, Labels and tooltips.

* In Line charts, data values can now be positioned either above or below the dataplots. Automatic positioning of data values is also supported.

* In Step-line charts dataplots can be joined using vertical lines.

* Custom alignment of caption and sub caption using STYLES.

* Advanced print management using JavaScript.

* Additional options for efficient event handling using JavaScript.

* Support for dynamic update of chart properties using JavaScript(barring select scatter and drag charts).

* Charts now support % based sizes along with dynamic resizing (barring select scatter and drag charts).

Learn more about everything new in PowerCharts v3.2 at : http:/ www.fusioncharts.com/PowerCharts/

We would love to hear from you at: http://www.fusioncharts.com/contact/