Sign in to follow this  
skgfkn6s

Realtime update ticker in Angular Gauge

Hi all,

I use a FusionWidgets Angular Gauge to display some temperature with real-time update - a very nice feature!!!

The only problem I have with this is probably caused by the slow behaviour typical for temperature measurements. I dont see that the value changes, because they do so very slow.

Is ther any way to see within the Angular Gauge that it regulary polls for new values, so it is "alive".

I could imagine some blinking ticker wich flickers always when the real-time URL is called to fetch new data. i.e. some "LED" beside the Scale or even inside the center of the Pivot.

Is there some feature like that?

Thanks

Achim

Guest Rajroop

Hello Achim,

Welcome to the FusionCharts Forum. :w00t:

FusionWidgets enables the user to show real-time messages in the chart using Message Logger.

The Message logger can be effectively used to show necessary real-time information or live error logs.

Essentially, the message logger is a text based scrollable window that can listen to messages streamed from server and then do one of the following:

1. Display the message in the message logger window

2. Pass it to custom JavaScript functions (defined by you) for further actions

Please refer to the following link for more information on Message Logger:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/Contents/MsgLOverview.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/Contents/MsgLRealTime.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/Contents/MsgLUse.html

I hope this helps. :)

Hi all admins, experts, newbies and other freaks,

thanks to get such a warm welcome in this forum here. It clearly reflects the good usability of the FusionCharts software we talk about.

Oh, yes, I already tested the Message Logger, but for my customers it is far to technical. They like to see colorful grafics with smooth motion, not plain text with a scollbar and a Shift-M key-press combination.

For myself, my needs and debugging reasons this message viewer is great!

So, I'm searching for something much smaller, which only shows: "I'm alive", the basic view to the nice gauges should not be hindered. I don't want to cover all the effort we spend now in color designs and graphics by a white box.

Beside the ideas I wrote in my first posting, I would also like to see a small date/time field somewhere inside the background where the time of the last update is shown. It s a little bit more than only a blinking LED or a jerking dial on every update, but I guess my customers would like this (today I have kept the realtime Angular Gauge open over night, at the morning I was not sure whether it is still showing up-to-date values, so I prefered to refresh the whole page :-(

Hope you understand my point.

Regards to India

Achim

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words. I have sent your best to the development team. :)

Please note the attached file(blinking ticker) as a sample of what can be used in FusionCharts as a sign for the real-time process taking place, as per your requirement. Using the attibute bgSWF, you could place any Flash movie as background of the chart, enter the (path and) name of the background SWF. Also, it should be in the same domain as the chart.

As of your second suggestion, the functionality of displaying the last update is not available, as of now. We have put forward this on our wish list for the upcoming versions of FusionCharts. :)

I hope this information is useful.

BLINKER.zip

Hello Rajroop,

thanks for the fast response,

I just tried to test your BLINKER.zip, but I cannot download the same. The link seems to point to something wrong, so I see the forum start page only.

Anyway, according your words it looks like it is not what I need. Putting a Flash movie to the background is a nice feature, but it don't gives the user the information that the gauge is really polling data (is alive) or is doing nothing for some reason (shows old data). Such a movie, I guess, will always blink, even if the client is disconnected, or the server is dead.

What I asked for, should be in relation to the real-time ticker, e.g. flickers on each new value responded could be a good idea. Than you see how often and if the real-time update is really working.

Sorry for the confusion I create with my wishes, meanwhile it looks I have posted this in the wrong forum, it should be better in the "Suggestions & Requests"

Regards

Achim

Guest Rajroop

Hello :),

Unfortunately, FusionCharts does not have a 'real-time ticker' available, as of now.

Your idea/suggestion about the real-time ticker is much appreciated, though. :Wow:

We've put it on our wish list.