Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajroop

Area chart with independent x-axis?

I have found various forum postings explaining how to use drawLine to simulate line charts with an independent x-axis (so that I can specify something like (1,1), (2, 2), (10,10) and get a straight line). This will probably be adequate for what we're trying to do, but what we'd like is to have an AREA chart with an independent x-axis. Since I don't see any similar property like fillSeries or what have you on the dataset tag, I was wondering if there was any other way to accomplish this effect.

Additionally, I was wondering if there was any way to get smoothing on the drawLine, so that if I'm approximating a curve, I don't need to construct an XML series with a large number of elements, as I'd think the fewer points I plot, the faster the chart will be.

Thanks!

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Could you please specify a bit more on what you mean by a 'independant x-axis'?

Unfortunately, this (Ref: "smoothing on the drawLine") is not possible in FusionCharts, as of now.

Looking forward to your reply. :)

Rajroop (7/1/2009)
Hello,

Could you please specify a bit more on what you mean by a 'independant x-axis'?

All I mean by independent x-axis is that I'd like to find a way to do an area chart where I can specify the x- and y-coordinate of each point. The Line and Area charts have a fixed x-axis, where each new point increments by a fixed amount, and you are only free to specify the y-coordinate (eg <set value="..."/> ). To get a line-chart equivalent where the x-axis is independent, you actually do an xy scatter and set the drawLine attribute; however there is no corresponding drawFill attribute to make it look like an area plot. Please let me know if this explanation is still not clear enough :)

Unfortunately, this (Ref: "smoothing on the drawLine") is not possible in FusionCharts, as of now.

I suspected this was the case, but figured it didn't hurt to ask. Fortunately this is not a deal-breaker for us!