Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajroop

Size Process in Gantt Chart

Hi all,

I looked for a property in the XML Sheet for Gantt Chart but I did not find anything that could solve my problem. My problem is the following:

I would like to specify an height for each line of my Gantt Chart. When I say line i mean for each process. Right now we have an hight property on the chart. Depending on the number of process and the height of the chart, each process lines takes an equal height. My problem is I may have a lot of different tasks in my gantt chart and I dont necessary know how many I will have. If my chart if too small then all the line process are doing to be smashed and we wont be able to see the data.

I would like to know if there is any height property which say that every lines have to have 50px height. Then whatever the number of processes I have I wont have any problem because the height of the chart is going to be adjusted. If there is no such property what work around can I use to do make sure my chart will adjust its size on the number of process.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

It is possible to specify/dictate the height of the Task bar.

The attribute "height(In Pixels or Percent)" can specify the height for the task bar either in pixels (e.g., 30 or 25) or in percent (e.g., 25% or 50%).

For example:

<tasks>

<task start="02/04/2007" end="02/10/2007" height='50'/ //in pixels>

<task start="02/08/2007" end="02/19/2007"/>

<task start="02/19/2007" end="03/02/2007" height='100%/ //in percentage>

<task start="02/24/2007" end="03/02/2007"/>

<task start="03/02/2007" end="03/21/2007"/>

</tasks>

For any further information on this issue, could please use the following link and scroll down to the <task> element attributes:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/Contents/GanttXML.html

I hope this helps. :P

The height of the task is not the solution of my problem. If I specify 50px for my tasks height, is it even worse be cause my task height may be larger than my process line. To make it easier for you to understand I made 2 screenshots you can watch to understand.

post-3962-128441573633_thumb.jpg

post-3962-128441573642_thumb.jpg

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

I regret to inform you that we do not support vertical scroll in Gnatt charts, which would be your ideal solution, as of now. :P

The chart automatically resizes the data according to the data input. A workaround for your issue maybe keeping a count of the number of processes and then setting the height of each task, through your code.

We have made a note of this and put this feature on our wish list. :P

That is what I expected, thanks for confirming me. Well if you use setDataXML you can keep a count of the number of tasks but when you use setDataURL it becomes a little bit more problematic. I will try to figure out a workaround then but thanks.

Hope to see the vertical scrollbar very soon !

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

We, too, hope to provide the vertical scrollbar as soon as possible, even though the ETA of the feature upgrade is yet to be set.

:P