magic

Auto resize problem

Hi All.

First thing i want to say is 'I like your charts'.

Currently trying to make it autoresizeable. I found documentation about it here http://fusioncharts.com/Docs/Contents/PercentResize.html

so i added new param 'scaleMode=exactFit' and it worked.

But it is wrong. It resizing all: lines, fonts, anything on chart. It should just redraw chart data depend on new chart size.

i can show example here http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart/gallery-bg-image.php. here resizing works properly.

don't think it is spam.

i realy like fusion charts and using it in my project. but i am wondering it cant normaly autoresized.

may be i am making something wrong? i realy not need resize all visible chart data like fonts, line width, margin, etc. Look how makes it at open-flash-charts.

Thank You

Hi,

We recommend using the pixel based resizing instead of percent based resizing. When you set the width/height in percentage, the control for resizing moves out from the chart to browser.

Hi

but pixel based size will not give me autoresize ability.

i need autoresize chart if browser was resized.

can you show me example what you mean please?

Thank you

Pallav (7/16/2007)
Hi,

We recommend using the pixel based resizing instead of percent based resizing. When you set the width/height in percentage, the control for resizing moves out from the chart to browser.

How do you resize a chart already displayed in pixels then? (From a webpage using JS)

Edited by Guest

Pallav (8/22/2007)
Once the chart is rendered, the only way to resize it again would be re-draw it.

you mean that i should remove the object/embed tag from the html dom and recreate it with different parameters?

Jaideep,

I'm afraid things are a bit delayed on our part (technical reasons purely). We were waiting for Flash 10 to come. As such the new ETA is May.

I guess it still isn't implemented because I don't see any javascript methods for resizing the chart without reloading the entire object and all of the associated data and restarting the animation. Am I missing something?