Guest Rajroop

Drill Down Pop Up - link not working.

I've got a simple 2D Column chart, where each column depicts a Quarter and can be drilled down to the 3 months of that quarter in a new chart - simple enough!

I can easily create various types of links, except for the pop-up link, that simply won't work.

These 3 Don't Work:

set label='Quarter 1' value='1990000' color='68670d' link='P-detailsPopUp,width=400,height=300,toolbar=no, scrollbars=no,resizable=no-Quarter1.html'

set label='Quarter 1' value='1990000' color='68670d' link='P-detailsPopUp,width=400,height=300-Quarter1.html'

set label='Quarter 1' value='1990000' color='68670d' link='P-detailsPopUp-Quarter1.html'

These Work:

set label='Quarter 1' value='1990000' color='68670d' link='n-Quarter1.html'

set label='Quarter 1' value='1990000' color='68670d' link='Quarter1.html'

Hope someone can shed a little light on this :(

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Could you please check whether the popup-blocker is enabled in the browser you are using for your chart?

Looking forward to your reply. :(

Guest Rajroop

Hi Jimmi,

Could you please check with other browsers and let us know whether there is any change in the output or not?

Looking forward to your reply. :(

Guest Rajroop

Hi,

Could you please send us your code so we may have a look-see?

Looking forward to your reply.

Guest Madhumita

Hi Jimmi,

I have gone through your code.

All you have to do is to set the registerWithJS attribute in constructor to 1.

For example:

var myChart = new FusionCharts("../FusionCharts/Column2D.swf", "myChartId", "500", "300", "0", "1");-----> The number in bold caps is the registerWithJS attribute.

You can refer to the following link too:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/DrillDown/JavaScript.html

I hope this helps.

Ok, admittedly I'm not exactly a Java wiz, not even experienced with either Java or HTML...

I've tried setting the registerWithJS attribute in teh constructor to 1, but alas, it makes no difference . . .

I've read through http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/DrillDown/JavaScript.html but really it refers to setting up a Java link that doesn't offer a drill down pop up, but rather a small informative pop up!

My main:

var myChart1 = new FusionCharts("./FlashObjects/Column2D.swf", "Chart1Id", "700", "400", "0", "1");

myChart1.setDataURL("./AdvancedReports/Data1d.xml");

myChart1.render("chart1");

The links in the Data1d.xml file:

set label='Quarter 1' value='1990000' color='68670d' link='P-Quarter1,width=400,height=300,toolbar=no, scrollbars=no,resizable=no-Quarter1.html'

set label='Quarter 2' value='2215000' color='406e7b' link='P-detailsPopUp,width=400,height=300-Quarter2.html'

set label='Quarter 3' value='1927000' color='bfd0d7' link='P-detailsPopUp-Quarter3.html'

set label='Quarter 4' value='1986000' color='bbb96f' link='Quarter4.html'

As should be evident, I'm not using the j- notation to denote a java script, but rather the P- notation to denote a pop up - of the above four links, only the last one to Quarter4, opening up not as a pop up, but rather in the same window, works properly . . .

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Jimmi,

As should be evident, I'm not using the j- notation to denote a java script, but rather the P- notation to denote a pop up - of the above four links, only the last one to Quarter4, opening up not as a pop up, but rather in the same window, works properly . . .

As you have not mentioned the 'p-' notation for the last <set> element, the link is opening in the same page rather than in a new pop-up window.

In case your issue is yet not resolved, could you please specify the same a bit elaborately?