Sign in to follow this  
ChartsJazz

Using "<" in set label

I have the trial version of FusionCharts 3.10.  I'm trying to use the "<" symbol in the label of a set.  I've followed the example in the docs at http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/SpChar_LT.html and I get the message "Invalid XML data."  The chart works if I don't use "<" in the set label.  Below is the relevant part of the strXML (in an .asp page).  I can provide the entire strXML if you want.

<set label='< 91' value='41324.5' hovertext='Before 1991' color='0000ff'/>
<styles>
   <definition>
    <style name='myHTMLFont' type='font' isHTML='0'/>
   </definition>
   <application>
    <apply toObject='DATALABELS' styles='myHTMLFont'/>
   </application>
</styles>

I should add that I was using FusionChartsFree.  When I downloaded the trial version 3.10 I only added the .swf files from the trial version and revised my code.  Do I also need to replace the FusionCharts.asp and/or FusionCharts.js files and other files to get the capability to use the less than symbol in a set label?

By the way, the company I work for is in the process of purchasing FusionCharts 3.10 Enterprise version, so your strategy of giving away the free version and hoping that it will entice users to purchase the paid version worked in this case.  I evaluated quite a few charting options and think you offer the best choice.  In particular we like that there are no DLLs that we have to install on servers that we don't control.  And the documentation is excellent!  Best wishes to whoever wrote it.

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words. I'll make sure to give the marketing team a pat on the back. :(

Do I also need to replace the FusionCharts.asp and/or FusionCharts.js files and other files to get the capability to use the less than symbol in a set label?

No, you don't. But this: replace the FusionCharts.asp and/or FusionCharts.js files with the ones given by the FusionCharts v3.1 package, is a recommened thing to do.

Could you please specify which method you are using to feed the data to your chart? dataXML or dataURL? If in case you are using the dataURL method, you would need to encode the special characters(< and > ) which are being passed in labels and such like.

Special Charecters:

Please see the list.

!@#$%^&*()_+=-<>:/

Here is the list of characters that requires encoding:

1. If you are using dataXML method.

% - %25

& - %26

+ - %2b

< - %26lt;

> - %26gt;

2. If you are using dataURL method.

< - <

> - >

Could you also refer to the link below for this:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/forum/Topic10931-6-1.aspx#bm10935

In case, this doesn't work for you, could you please send us your complete XML so that we may have a look-see?

Looking forward to your feedback on this. :(

I hope this helps.