Sign in to follow this  
thundermaster

Single serie and ScrollColumn2D.swf

Hello,

Welcome to the forum! :(

Yes, it is possible to have a single series column chart with scroll using a ScrollColumn2D.swf chart. Example:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/Gallery/Chart.asp?scrollcolumn2d_1

You can make this chart single series by just using the data of one data series instead of two when making the XML for the chart.

Hope this helps.

saptarshi... I looked at the link you provided and I agree it can be done...

Except, I would like the chart to be nicely formatted like the standard one is http://www.fusioncharts.com/Gallery/Chart.asp?column2d_2

I have attached a pic of the way that I am using the standard Column2D and having to limit the number of columns I am showing. It is called original.jpg

I have attached a pic of trying to use the scroll chart to come up with the same thing using the scroll chart. It is called scroll.jpg

The xml for the scroll chart is also attached.

I know that I should be able to gain some space on the bottom by removing the key... but I would like the items in the key to be under each corresponding column, just like in the standard Column2d. Also, I do not want a bunch of space to the left, right, or between each column ( again, just like the column2d. )

Any suggestions?

post-4496-128441575711_thumb.jpg

post-4496-128441575718_thumb.jpg

data.xml

Edited by Guest

Hi,

The problem you are facing is because you have put all data under a single category (carriers).

Why don't you put each of the columns under its own category like a single series column 2D chart?

If you don't know how to go about it you could just drop in a line here, we will try to get it done for you. :(

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Would someone please explain to me how to apply this to an DB fed column2d ?

Im enabling the user to search for data between dates for a drill down chart, and when greater daterange is picked, the column2d gets too much data and get all cloddy (hard to pick out an bar). I would love to add the use of an scroll function after the y-axis.

Can anyone please explain a bit further how to achieve this?

Thanks / Emanuel

*EDIT*

Needed to think some, it's working now... .-)

Edited by Guest

Hi Emanuel,

Could you please try using a Scroll Column 2D chart of the FusionCharts pack to solve your purpose?

Please refer to the following link for further details on the above:

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/?ChartSS/ScrollColumn2D.html

Also, Single series Column 2D chart does not support a Scroll Bar separately, as of now.

Hope this helps. :(