Sign in to follow this  
edelcom

Can I get a color used by FusionCharts for one of its column values ?

I have a multi series column chart. FusionCharts colors these series using some internal color scheme.

I would like to use one of the colors used for one of the the column series to use as background color in a next chart (to visually link the two charts together).

Is it possible to retrieve the color which is used by FusionCharts ? I looked at the sample code but found nothing obvious.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

I'm afraid you cannot retrieve the colors used in the chart. But, if you want two charts with similar color schemes, you can explicitly specify the colors for each dataset in your XML data document.

Hi,

I still have an understanding problem with the color scheme of a multi-series chart. These are the colors of the bars or lines. The chart is database driven, so I have no xml structure available that I can change per data set. Do I have to create a own structure after the query? For your help I would be very grateful !

Thank you and best regards

Tom

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

You would need to create your own XML structure in order to change the color.

When generating dynamic charts from your database, the XML or JSON files are built in memory (variables) using string concatenation or our API methods, and then dynamically relayed (written to output stream, like other HTML content).

For more details, please refer to the link below:

http://www.fusioncha...HowFCWorks.html

http://www.fusioncha...ultiSeries.html

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Edited by Angie

Can you point me to the page that explains how to explicitly specify the colors for each dataset in the XML data document? I can't seem to find it.

Is it possible to turn off the gradients?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm afraid you cannot retrieve the colors used in the chart. But, if you want two charts with similar color schemes, you can explicitly specify the colors for each dataset in your XML data document.