Sign in to follow this  
prakashvin

problem plotting vertical div lines in combination charts

Hi,

We are on the process of replacing existing charts in our application with fusion charts. But unfortunately, we are facing the following problems...

1. We are trying to draw vertical div lines in a multiseries combination 2d chart (MSCombi2D.swf) using the attribute numVDivLines. But the divlines are not shown on the chart. We are not sure whether this attribute is supported in combination charts. By the way, we are trying to plot an Area and a Line charts with in this combination chart.

2. Another one is date and time support for x-axis values. Would like to have the feature, so that if I pass the long value of the date, FC will convert the same into date and time format.

3. Would like to control the legends display properly. Meaning, I want to display each and every legends in separate lines. As of now we are forced to change the font size to make it possible. Even if we do that we don't have any control over that to fine tune the legends display properly.

Regards

prakash

Guest Madhumita

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

Thank you for your interest in FusionCharts.

Could you please attach your existing XML so that we may resolve the issue?

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Awaiting your reply. :)

Edited by Guest

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, the combination chart does not have the numVDivLine attribute.

However, it supports the <vLine> attribute. vLines are vertical separator lines that help you separate blocks of data. These lines run through the height of the chart, thereby segregating data into different blocks. In case of bar charts, they are horizontal and run through the width of chart.

I am attaching the XML where I have incorporated two vertical lines in the chart alighned with the <category> elements. eg.

<categories>

<category label="11:26"/>

<category label="11:41"/>

<vLine dashed='1' dashLen='1' dashGap='2' thickness='1' linePosition='0' />

<category label="11:56"/>

<vLine dashed='1' dashLen='1' dashGap='2' thickness='1' linePosition='0' />

<category label="12:11"/>

</categories>

You can also consider setting the vertical lines with respect to the <set> elements. eg.

<set label='Oct 2005' value='35456' />

<set label='Nov 2005' value='28556' />

<set label='Dec 2005' value='36556' />

<vLine color='FF5904' thickness='2' />

<set label='Jan 2006' value='45456' />

<set label='Feb 2006' value='35456' />

If you want to display each legend on a separate line you can put the line-break character( ) at the end of each seriesName.

e.g.seriesName="In Traffic - Min: 36.939 k Max: 40.484 k Avg: 38.983 k  95thPercentile Avg: 38.483 k "

Thus the font style will not matter anymore and you can display each legend on each line.

Hope this helps. :)

sample.xml

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

I don't think we can use vLines to solve the problem. Because we want

the lines should be placed along with the x-axis values. I mean, we want them as

like as the horizontal lines(which usually start at the y-axis values) likewise we want

the vertical lines should start at the x-axis values.

Regarding the legends.. it prints the legends in separate lines, but they are not aligned

properly. I've attached an image for your reference.

Regards

prakash

post-6606-128441576482_thumb.png

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

The numVDivLines attribute is not present in the MSCombi2D.swf.

The vLine attribute is used to create vertical lines that start at the x-axis values.

I'm attaching an image of the chart generated from the XML we attached.

If the vertical lines are not working and you are a licensed customer, you can consider upgarding your FusionCharts Version from the following link:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/puc/

Otherwise you may choose to download the FusionCharts Trial version from the link below:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/Download.asp

To display the legends on separate lines you can choose to use the SSGrid.swf component wherein you'll have to create a separate XML which will contain the series names used in the MSCombi2D chart.

Hope this helps. :)

post-6209-128441576487_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

You are most welcome.

Please do take your own time and do let us know.

Happy FusionCharting. :)