gberkey

SWC Library for Flex??

I just purchased and downloaded the enterprise version of Fusion Charts looking specifically to use it with Flex 3. I see the AS files in the download files, but can not find a SWC library file of the charts.

Couple of questions: I see that there appears to be 2 versions of Fusion Charts....1) Fusion Charts 3 and Fusion Charts 1.1 for Flex, do I understand correctly that indeed two versions of FusionCharts? How do I get to Flex version?  I assume it's through the PUC site? I currently can't log in to the PUC site which I again is a timing delay from my purchase to getting my account active????

Thanks in advance for you help/feedback.....

Hi All -

I am new to Fusion Charting. I am currently doing a POC to see if Fusion Chart can be any use for our business. I installed the trial version of Fusion chart and tried to create a simple chart today. Unfortunately I am not successful in executing my first exercise. I am using Flash Builder 4 and 3.4 SDK. I followed the same steps as mentioned in the documentation to create my first simple chart ( http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/docs/ ) .

In design mode, I am not able to see the dragged chart component and it gave me a warning during compilation time

Warning: Error during component layout.

When I tried to run the application, I got an error

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable mx.core::FlexGlobals is not defined.

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/preview()[C:Documents and Settingsdebasish.bouriDesktopdevelopmentFlash_Builder_4srccomfusionchartscomponentsFusionCharts.as:267]

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/updateDisplayList()[C:Documents and Settingsdebasish.bouriDesktopdevelopmentFlash_Builder_4srccomfusionchartscomponentsFusionCharts.as:177]

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxcoreUIComponent.as:6351]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateDisplayList()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxmanagersLayoutManager.as:622]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxmanagersLayoutManager.as:677]

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxcoreUIComponent.as:8733]

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxcoreUIComponent.as:8673]

Any idea on whats going wrong in my test application.

Thanks!

Veena N

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Veena,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

Could you please send us the screen-shot of the issue that you are facing as an attachment?

Awaiting your reply. :hehe:

I had placed the entire error in previous message. That message was displayed in the flash error window. Let me know if you are looking for anything in specific?

Guest Rajroop

Hi Veena,

I hope you have recieved my mail and that the proposed solution to your query has worked for you.

Please share your feedback with us/me on this.

I am having the same problem. What is the solution?

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/preview()[C:Documents and Settingsdebasish.bouriDesktopdevelopmentFlash_Builder_4srccomfusionchartscomponentsFusionCharts.as:267]

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/updateDisplayList()[C:Documents and Settingsdebasish.bouriDesktopdevelopmentFlash_Builder_4srccomfusionchartscomponentsFusionCharts.as:177]

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxcoreUIComponent.as:6351]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateDisplayList()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxmanagersLayoutManager.as:622]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxmanagersLayoutManager.as:677]

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxcoreUIComponent.as:8733]

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[C:autobuild3.4.0frameworksprojectsframeworksrcmxcoreUIComponent.as:8673]

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

We have separate SWCs for Flash Builder 4 and Flash Builder 2. Could you please once confirm that you are using the SWCs for Flash Builder 4?

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

FusionMaps for Flex is now out of Beta.

We are happy to release FusionMaps for Flex v1.0 - animated, interactive and dynamic maps for your Adobe Flex Solutions.

FusionMaps for Flex boasts of the following:

* Provides over 314 maps including all continents, countries, US states, and states/counties of a lot of other countries.

* Supports dynamic-resizing.

* API for Drill-down, mouse interactivity, export etc.

* Custom Markers, shapes, connector lines.

* Works with Flex Builder 2, Flex Builder 3 and Flash Builder 4 (Flex SDK 2/3/4).

* Simple copy-paste style installation.

* Lots of code samples and extensive documentation.

You may download the beta from www.fusioncharts.com/flex/download.

You may see the online demos at :

www.fusioncharts.com/flex/demos/us-election/index.html or

www.fusioncharts.com/flex/demos/us-employment-distribution/index.html.

You may see all the map using our interactive Map Explorer.

To read more on how to use FusionMaps for Flex, you may also visit the Online Documentation at www.fusioncharts.com/flex/docs/maps.

Your feedback is VERY important to us and we would love to hear any suggestions, complaints, modifications, feature requests, compliments etc.

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/preview()[C:\Documents and Settings\debasish.bouri\Desktop\development\Flash_Builder_4\src\com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:267]

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/updateDisplayList()[C:\Documents and Settings\debasish.bouri\Desktop\development\Flash_Builder_4\src\com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:177]

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateDisplayList()

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()

Edited by jphillips

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please elaborate your query a bit more?

Awaiting for your response.