Sign in to follow this  
suchirag

Creating an application component for rendering fusion chart in a website

I want to create an application component which will do all the things for rendering fusion chart in jsp like taking data from database,converting it into XML and rendering fusion chart based on the xml data and the swf file.This whole component I want to just pluggin into a website so that just by providing a link for the component I can get to see the chart in the website.

How can I go about it? 

Hi Suchira,

Did you get a chance to look at the JSP samples provided along with the download package? If not, I would request you to do so.

All the backend database processing can be done via servlet and other classes. The generated xml can then be passed to a jsp, which would include FusionChartsRenderer.jsp to show the chart.

Hope this helps!

Srividya

Edited by Guest

Hi,

The thing is i have to create a separate pluggable component where database connectivity parameters are to be accessed for fetching data from the database and then generating the xml file.Suppose if i pluggin this component to any exisitng application where database connection parameters are already defined then how will this component access those connectivity parameters?

Hi Suchira,

There will be a config file on the server which can be used to configure database connectivity parameters across an application.

Or, you could put the responsibility of giving the right connectivity parameters to the caller. so, whoever calls your component has to pass the connection configuration to it.

Srividya