Sign in to follow this  
FusionCharts Support

exportCallback won't fire

Hi. I'm trying to use server-side export from FusionCharts v3.

I have read the documentation carefully, and am using the following export-related parameters:

exportHandler: the URL of my sample page

exportEnabled: 1

exportAtClient: 0

exportAction: 'save'

I have tried specifying a value for the exportCallback parameter, but it doesn't seem to work; my callback is never invoked. Additionally, the default callback (FC_Exported) does not seem to be getting fired, whether or not I remove my exportCallback parameter from the chart.

Finally, when I sniff the POST to the server with Fiddler, I see exportCallback=undefined in the pipe-delimited list of parameters being posted. This does not seem to bode well.

Note that when I create my chart, I am making sure that registerWithJS is set to '1', so that is not the source of the problem.

Any ideas why my callback isn't firing? Even if there were some sort of problem on the server side, it seems to me that my callback should still be executed, with error codes to indicate that something has gone wrong.

-Tom Mancine

The response from the server is currently an HTTP/405 because I haven't pointed it at a valid handler yet. I had been assuming that since the result object contained success/failure information, it would recover gracefully from a failed request and fire the callback with a status indicating that the post had failed. If that's not the case, I can continue implementing the handler (we need a slightly different behavior--we want the files placed in the ASP.Net session instead of on the filesystem) and hope that the callback will fire after that's done, but it seems like a long way to go without knowing that the callback will fire.

-Tom Mancine

I have a fully operational exportCallback using Radar.swf on my local server.  I have just moved everything to the production server and whilst the JPEG's are being saved correctly to disk, the function defined in exportCallback is not being fired.

The production server is https, could this cause a problem?

I tried using FC_Exported(objRtn) and my own function name but this makes no difference.

I noticed that the images seem to take longer to save on the production server, is there any sort of timeout which could be failing before exportCallback is fired?

Hi John,

I am afriad, we could not find any issue with this in our labs. We tested it with both HTTPS and HTTP server and it is working fine. And there is no any 'timeout' mechanism in exporting, the exportCallback function will get fired as soon as file gets saved at server.

I have 1 or more radar.swf's on a page.  I call exportChart() for each if hasRendered() is true.  Each then calls the same exportCallback function and maintains a count - when all have called the exportCallback I go on to do other things.  Could the multiple calls cause the problem?

As before - this all works offline.

fusionjohn (11/24/2009)
I have 1 or more radar.swf's on a page.  I call exportChart() for each if hasRendered() is true.  Each then calls the same exportCallback function and maintains a count - when all have called the exportCallback I go on to do other things.  Could the multiple calls cause the problem?

Not sure how that answers my question.  Could the multiple calls cause the problem?

Edited by Guest

Hi John,

There wont be any issue with 2 or more charts in a page. Could you please check whether the callback is working when you have a single chart in a page.

The issue might be something else.

Could you please send a live URL to the export component or your application so that we can test it from our labs live?

Guest Angie

Dear User,

We are delighted to announce that PowerCharts is now ready for your iPads and iPhones too. We have just released PowerCharts v3.2. Starting v3.2, PowerCharts has HighCharts embedded within it, and offers both Flash and JavaScript (HTML5) charting . The Flash charts are displayed on a majority of devices and the JavaScript charts on devices that do not support Flash, all of it without writing a line of code.

Automatic rendering of JavaScript charts on devices (like iPad and iPhone) where Flash player is not supported.

5 new chart types:

Heat Map Chart

Box and Whisker Chart

Step Line Chart

Error Line Chart

Error Scatter Chart

* Support for JSON data format.

* Support for LinkedCharts, where a single data source controls multiple charts.

* Interactive legends in charts allow selective showing/hiding of data series.

* Legends now support icons for each data series.

* Better management of labels on charts.

* Labels now have an auto rendering mode to prevent them from overlapping, the chart selects the best display mode depending on the length of the labels and the width of the chart.

* Long labels are truncated, with ellipses appended to the truncated end of each label, and a tooltip bearing the completed label text is displayed when the user hovers over a truncated label.

* Support for line breaks and wrapping in all text elements including: caption, sub caption, X-axis title, Y-axis title, Labels and tooltips.

* In Line charts, data values can now be positioned either above or below the dataplots. Automatic positioning of data values is also supported.

* In Step-line charts dataplots can be joined using vertical lines.

* Custom alignment of caption and sub caption using STYLES.

* Advanced print management using JavaScript.

* Additional options for efficient event handling using JavaScript.

* Support for dynamic update of chart properties using JavaScript(barring select scatter and drag charts).

* Charts now support % based sizes along with dynamic resizing (barring select scatter and drag charts).

Learn more about everything new in PowerCharts v3.2 at : http:/ www.fusioncharts.com/PowerCharts/

We would love to hear from you at: http://www.fusioncharts.com/contact/