Pallav

Powerpoint Instructions

I have read the docs for "FusionCharts in PowerPoint Presentations", but I'm still not clear how this works in a live environment. If I create a php application to draw a chart on a php page, how would I then save the swf and the associated xml file so I could add them both to my ppt? I know how to save the swf file, just not the xml.

Ok, so theoretically, I could built a PHP application that not only drew the chart but also saved a copy of the XML that was used to draw that chart, and create a link to download that XML, correct? To be clear, the idea here is that we have a backend application that all of us log into that we use to generate charts, but I want the users to be able to (fairly) easily take the resulting chart and place it in a powerpoint. If PHP is not the most efficient way to do this, what is the best way to allow several users in one office to be able to pull charts from one database and put those charts into a powerpoint? Is there a way to pull data down from a MySQL call and automatically generate the XML, in other words?

You can generate the XML from your PHP - but if you want to use in PowerPoint, the XML has to be of specific file name at the specified path (the path which is specified in PowerPoint during chart embedding).

Along the lines of being able to export charts from the website into documents, this is a must-have feature to export the chart into PPT via server side code. Any reason why this functionality is not built into FusionCharts. This should be the high on the list as a lot of my customers that I have demonstrated the fusioncharts have asked for this functionality and for lack of it they are looking at other options.

Since FusionCharts cannot be exported as a single file, we cannot directly provide this option. For any FusionCharts SWF to function, it needs the SWF + XML data.

Guest Rajroop

Hey there,

We've just released a new and free add-in for PowerPoint that lets you add FusionCharts very easily to your slides. Check out oomfo @ http://oomfo.com

Would love to have your feedback/suggestions. :D