Sign in to follow this  
Pzr

updateChart or drill down?

hello,

would like to know what I should use if I want to show 3 (or more) charts in the same window? As for now i'm using dataURL method and have followed the example in the manual.

Now I would like to add another chart based upon what the user clicks in the second chart.

Is this possible? Is there any example of this somewhere? I've tried to set another DOM id and another var strURL. ex:

function updateChart(factoryIndex){ 

var strURL = "FactoryData.php?"+ factoryIndex;

strURL = escape(strURL);  

var chartObj = getChartFromId("FactoryDetailed"); 

chartObj.setDataURL(strURL);

}  

function updateChart(factoryIndex2){ 

var strURL = "FactoryData2.php?"+ factoryIndex2;

strURL = escape(strURL);  

var chartObj = getChartFromId("FactoryDetailed2"); 

chartObj.setDataURL(strURL);

}  

But with no sucsess.

Any help appreciated

Regards /E

Hello,

I already have the licensed version. (V3)

This is how my setup looks like;

headpage.php containing:

1'st chart db query and xml. URLencode to 2'nd chart process page 2nd.php via updateChart

It also contains 3 renderchartHTML() (1'st chart, 2'nd chart DOM id 'Detailed' (updateChart), 3'rd chart DOM id 'MoreDetailed' (updateChart2).

2nd.php containing :

2'nd chart db query and xml. URLencode to 3'rd chart process page 3rd.php

Updates data to 3'rdchart via updateChart2.

3rd.php containing

3'rd chart db query and xml.

Can above be correct? Everything works fin until pressing 2'nd chart, then I get this Error :

3rd.phpSOP=1.3.12.2.1107.5.1.4.60301.30000009110206455401500000022&totdlp=127&FCTime=726705

XML Data: Query was empty

No Data to Display: No data was found in the XML data document provided. Possible cases can be:

There isn't any data generated by your system. If your system generates data based on parameters passed to it using dataURL, please make sure dataURL is URL Encoded.

You might be using a Single Series Chart .swf file instead of Multi-series .swf file and providing multi-series data or vice-versa.

I've checked that the variables passed using URLencode are properly recieved at the 3rd.php (I did an test insert ino the db with the SQL-query later used for the xml) and there everything looks fine.

What could be the problem here? I've tred to check if i've made any error in the "value" and "label" field.. But to no succsess. It should work...:)

/Emanuel

Edited by Guest

Pzr (11/17/2009)
Hello,

I already have the licensed version. (V3)

This is how my setup looks like;

headpage.php containing:

1'st chart db query and xml. URLencode to 2'nd chart process page 2nd.php via updateChart

It also contains 3 renderchartHTML() (1'st chart, 2'nd chart DOM id 'Detailed' (updateChart), 3'rd chart DOM id 'MoreDetailed' (updateChart2).

2nd.php containing :

2'nd chart db query and xml. URLencode to 3'rd chart process page 3rd.php

Updates data to 3'rdchart via updateChart2.

3rd.php containing

3'rd chart db query and xml.

Can above be correct? Everything works fin until pressing 2'nd chart, then I get this Error :

3rd.phpSOP=1.3.12.2.1107.5.1.4.60301.30000009110206455401500000022&totdlp=127&FCTime=726705

XML Data: Query was empty

No Data to Display: No data was found in the XML data document provided. Possible cases can be:

There isn't any data generated by your system. If your system generates data based on parameters passed to it using dataURL, please make sure dataURL is URL Encoded.

You might be using a Single Series Chart .swf file instead of Multi-series .swf file and providing multi-series data or vice-versa.

I've checked that the variables passed using URLencode are properly recieved at the 3rd.php (I did an test insert ino the db with the SQL-query later used for the xml) and there everything looks fine.

What could be the problem here? I've tred to check if i've made any error in the "value" and "label" field.. But to no succsess. It should work...:)

/Emanuel

Problem solved, was sloppy in copying code from other page. Missed out an variable $query should have been $strQuery :w00t:

works like a charm now!

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

We are glad that your problem is solved and its working fine now.

Happy FusionCharting. :)