Sign in to follow this  
BAMACSGUY

IE Problem: Data Displayed Only Occasionally

I am using VS 2005 with ASP.NET and C#. I am building the javascript code that will render the table in the C# code behind and then placing it in a DIV in the .aspx page. When I initially load my page, the charts load fine, but if I refresh the page, or leave the page and come back to it then the charts seem to load only the text labels and nothing else. I am using the Pie3D and the Column3D .swf files. If I load the page in FireFox, then I have no such problem; it only occurs in IE. Is this a known issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am still using the evaluation package; could this cause the problem?

Do you use an .NET object to create your div or is it a "hand-made" one? Because in some situation, ASP HTML objects generate UniqueID for the HTML ID tag to be sure that every ID are unique. So, you could first look if you div ID is always the same in every refresh.

Ok, I believe I fixed the problem. I was using a dynamic width at the time of the chart render and IE was doing something weird with referencing height and width for the chart rendering.

I gave it a static width and static height and now it renders just fine everytime.

I'm not sure of all the technicalities behind why this occured, but it appears that giving the chart dynamic dimensions (i.e. Width="100%" instead of something likeWidth="250px") causes some problems with some browsers.

Pallav (8/1/2007)
FusionCharts needs the size in exact pixels without px being appended.

So your saying FusionCharts do not support % widths or heights at all?

I'm positive I've read the do somewhere in the past. I mean obviously % widths do work, just unpredictably (only in IE though in my experience).

Hi,

When you specify %, the resizing control moves out from the chart to the browser and the browser just scales the chart up/down.

When you specify the width/height in pixels, the resizing control stays in the chart.