Sign in to follow this  
InsideGold

How to make a combination Single Series line and Scatter Chart?

I would like to make single series line chart that contains historical/actual data.

But on the right of that I would like to show forecasted data. This is not line data, but individual points.

For example, 60 days:

* first 30 days = actual data as line chart

* last 30 days = predicted points

There is no limit to the number of predicted points I may have during each of the last 30 days (multiple points per day)

I could perhaps use the ObjectGroup / Object, but it seems I need to do the Y-axis scaling myself ... which I'd prefer not to do.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thx,

S

I got it working, but it's not pretty.

I used a multi-series line chart and made the line color the same as the background for all the predicted points.

It would have been ideal to use alpha to hide the line, but then the anchors don't show up ... even when I set anchorAlpha to 100. I think this is a bug.

Even better would have been a combo Line / Scatter chart, but I don't any of those around.

If someone has better suggestions I'm all ears.

But then I don't see the anchors ... I want to see the anchors, but not the line.

Actually, I think I have to ditch this approach as it's resulting in too large a file. If I get 100 predictions on a given day, I end up with 100 series. I expect to get more than 100 predictions, easily.

I really need the a combo scatter/line graph. Or some way to do scaled objects on a single line chart.

You can see the chart on http://www.insidegold.com front page.