Sign in to follow this  
oburixus

How to/Request for Multi-Axis line chart

Hello,

There are some features that are most likely there (if not SHOULD be there), but couldn't figure out in settings.

Ok, So as in example MALine1, there are 3 axis. One of them could be/is set by default.

There is an option to turn off (imaginary) the axis, but then, this ALSO turns off the tick box. Is there (or there needs to be) an option to SHOW the tick box, and NOT the axis?

Because, for example, all axis may be same, say show percentage value. So, there is NO need for other axis. But, the tick box is a great feature for user interaction; tick box should stay there, and allow for on/off of data set.

Furthermore, is it possible to chose a position for tick box INDEPENDENT of the axis place; which only LEFT/RIGHT? For example, Tick box placement under graph, right above the legend? Or inside legend, next to the titles?

Thanks

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, these functionalities are not available, as of now.

However, your suggestions are very important to us. We have made a note of the same.

Thanks Madhumita.

Would be glad if you could provide some details on the development, too; which features are confirmed to be on next release, how the progress is going. Is there a company/dev blog for such thing? That would shed some light, and is fun to read, from customer's point of view :)

Regards

Guest Madhumita

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We will definitely try follow them.

It's funny and unfortunate... I was looking for the exact same features. I desperately need to be able to turn off the unneeded axis(s) have a single y-axis, and move the check boxes to below the chart. I was happy to find exactly what I was looking for and disappointed there wasn't a fix.

Keep all of us informed.

Signed,

Anxiously-awaiting;)

Edited by Guest

Guest Madhumita

Hey,

Thanks a lot for putting forward this request.

We will definitely let you guys know if such features are added to the Multi-Axis Line Chart in future.

However, there is a workaround. Suppose you give a bgColor for the chart in the element. Then for the axis element you give the same color as the bgColor and also set showYAxisValues ='0'. Then the checkbox will show, but the axis will remain hidden virtually.

I am attaching an example. I hope this helps you.

MALine1.xml

Madhumita,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion! I will give it a try.

Another quick question... are there any other of the charts or graphs that allow a user to turn on and off individual sets of data? I have looked through our set (we have all of the charts, widgets, power charts and maps) and I didn't see anything else.

Have a great day and thanks again!

John

I tried your suggestion and it works great... except making the color the same as the background makes it a bit difficult to see on the chart and since I need seven sets of data, a bunch of light color lines is difficult to see.

Thanks again for your time!

John

MALine1.xml