eagene

Coordinating multiple charts

We have a need for the following functionality:

- adding multiple charts to a web page that share the same x-axis scale and scrolling them as a group

- adding multiple charts to a web page that share the same x-axis scale and updating them in real-time, keeping them synchronized in time

I understand you can add multiple data series to a single chart, but that isn't sufficient for our needs. The key is keeping the x-axis (most likely time) synchronized between charts.

Is there any way to do this in FusionCharts/FusionWidgets?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Elizabeth,

If you wish to display multiple charts in one page, could you please try rendering each chart in different divs in the HTML page?

Ref.-  <div id="chart1div" align="center">FusionGadgets</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var myChart1 = new FusionCharts("../Charts/HBullet.swf", "myChart1Id", "350", "60", "0", "0");

myChart1.setDataURL("Data/HBullet4_1.xml");

myChart1.render("chart1div");

</script>

<div id="chart2div" align="center">FusionGadgets</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var myChart1 = new FusionCharts("../Charts/HBullet.swf", "myChart1Id", "350", "60", "0", "0");

myChart1.setDataURL("Data/HBullet4_1.xml");

myChart1.render("chart2div");

</script>

Please try using same height and width and XAxis values for both the chart to display the same X-axis scale.

For real-time charts, please refer to the links below for detailed information:-

Ref.-

http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/Gallery.asp#realtime

http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/

I hope this helps. Wish you a very Happy New Year.

Yes, I've done that. What I'm asking is this.

If I have two or more real-time charts on the same page, is there any way to ensure the x-axes stay in sync?

If I have two or more non real-time charts on the same page, is there any way to scroll them together to keep the x-axes in sync? It doesn't necessarily have to be a scroll bar. It could be controlled by buttons or some other control to go earlier or later. Javascript is fine, but I would need to be able to adjust all charts on the page.

What I need is to show different kinds of data that occurred at the same time. They may be displayed in different kinds of charts using different scales. A dual-Y chart isn't enough because I may have more than 2 series with very different scales for the Y axis.

Another question is whether or not real-time charts have drill down functionality. I would like to be able to click on a chart and be able to bring up some other related information for that time period.

Thanks for being so responsive.

Elizabeth

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Elizabeth,

I am afraid, as of now Fusioncharts does not support scrolling oftwo or more non real-time charts on the same page together to keep the x-axes in sync.

Also, FusionCharts does not support the feature: "to click on a chart and bring up some other related information for that time period.", as of now.

I figured out I can accomplish what I need to with the Javascript feedData function & Ajax as well as using Javascript functions in drill-down charts.

Thanks.

Guest Rajroop

Hey,

That's great. Please revert in case of any queries. :D

Happy FusionCharting.