bmartino

problem saving server side

I am attempting to save graphs server side using exportcallback. I am unable to get it to work. I am able to right click and ave the graph to the proper folder and also implimented a test button which calls my javascript function which performs the server side save. My page in question is here

http://www.netenforcers.com/index.php?/reports/show/23516583cd5398546b6fdf33a9f4f291

All these graphs have the proper callback function but none get triggered. Note at the bottom of the page is a gray button labeled "test", when clicked, this calls the javascript function and DOES save the specified graph tot he proper page.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Bill

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

The link you sent us is not working.

Could you please provide us with a LIVE link?

Aplogies for the delay in reply.

Thank you for your reply!

I made the change as noted (the fcexporter.php file did not seem to be picking up that UI was passing that variable to it when rendering the swf embed tags). However I am still receiving the following error:

chartObject.exportChart is not a function

and the charts are not automatically saving as jpg files.

At the bottom of the page you will note a grey button labeled "test" - when clicked, this button triggers the javascript function and generates an image of the chart specified, but I need to it automatically generate all three charts as jpgs and save them to the server

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Could you please re-check the following:-

1) You have set exportEnabled=1

2) You have set exportAtClient=0

3) You have provided proper exportHandler=path/fcexporter.php

Awaiting your reply.

Greetings,

Interestingly, though I see FusionCharts.js included in your page, I am unable to find any of the standard FusionCharts JavaScript inclusion codes anywhere within the page.

By observing the ResponseText on your page, to and from FCExporter.php, we see certain anomalies. Are you using FusionCharts.render JavaScript code? Or are you using our PHP API to render charts?

I have the exportHandler in the flash variables set to "http://www.netenforcers.com/FCExporter.php"

I am calling the js files and thought that the javascript would export the charts

I have attached the code for the page.

Please help as we may have to look for another charting package if i cannot resolve this issue.

mycode.txt

Hi - I had an implementation working correctly on one server, then when that code was moved to another server it would not work. In the new location, the JS callback function - FC_Exported - DOES get called but the objRtn.statusCode keeps coming back as ZERO.

Also, I can see that there is no file created once the process is completed.

-it really looks as if it would work - the chart displays correctly in the browser, then when the user asks to export it (so it can be included in a PDF version of what they see), the capture data progress indicator works - but then the JS routine gets called, finds the zero, and alerts user that it has failed.

I know there is no communication issue between server and client -

I have inserted the sending of email to me at various points in FCExporter.php and FCExporter_IMG.php - I can even get the entire raw image stream which comes from client to server in a POST, to be sent to me in the email

I got FCExporter.php to create folders and text files just for testing.

It is a very strange system - but like I said, I do have code that works on one server and could help you with that.

If anyone has similar situation where it works in one place and then not in another - yet all code is same, all permissions same, please help!!

John Marno

Hi,

Is it only in saving PDF that you are facing issue?

Your export handler is working normally for JPG and PNG from our test app which i using your URL as export handler, but failed for PDF.

Could you please check you have placed FCExporter_PDF.php file too and included that file in the main FCExporter.php file?

It seems that even if PDF is specified, the FCExporter_IMG.php handler is loaded ( I get status message "statusMessage= Invalid Export Format." - which is ONLY raised from FCExporter_IMG.php) which, obviously fails to handle PDF.

Could you please send us the export handler files (FCExporter.php,FCExporter_PDF.php, FCExporter_IMG.php) if you have modified any part of the code, so that we can check and let you know.

Did you ever get this working? I think I'm having the same issue. Not sure why this is such a problem using PHP and server-side save. I had jpgraph running in minutes... but have spent all day trying to get this to work.