fusionuser3214

Realtime chart and catching error conditions

In my code I am making jsp calls to get real time data and would like to trap error conditions like when the JSP server is unavailable. I have been looking at the widgets documentation under "JavaScript events raised by the chart " and tried to implement using the example code but could not get it to work.

See attached file Chart.txt for my code.

I can definitely see the alert boxes for FC_Rendered and FC_DataLoaded when charts are first loaded.

The XML file notLoad.xml contains URL to JSP and makes call every 5 seconds. Let us say all components are up and running then my charts are all displayed properly. Now if I shut down the jsp server, the chart remains frozen at the last displayed value. I am trying to catch such condition and display an error message or take some other route.

Realtime data source in the XML

dataStreamURL='chart.jsp?name=value' refreshInterval='5'

Can you guys help me with this.

Thanks

Chart.txt

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, even if the refreshInterval is 5, if the chart does not receive any proper data, the chart will not update.

Edited by Guest

Madhumita (2/1/2010)
Hello,

I'm afraid, even if the refreshInterval is 5, if the chart does not receive any proper data, the chart will not update.

Thanks Madhumita.

I do agree that if there is no incoming data for the real time chart it will not update. I was hoping there be some function in the API to trap such a case.