hlukes

dataXML vs urlXML

I am using the ColdFusion renderChart function. When I use:

#renderChart("FusionWidgets/AngularGauge.swf", "", mytest.xml, "NameA", 225, 225, false, false)# - the chart does not render - it just says "Chart" where the chart should be. If I copy the generated xml from view source and create testdash.xml and reference like below

#renderChart("FusionWidgets/AngularGauge.swf", "testdash.xml", "", "NameA", 225, 225, false, false)# - the chart renders just fine. So obviously it isn't my XML that is the problem...

Any ideas what I am doing wrong??

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

While passing the XML could you please enlcose it in a pair of quotes and see if this helps?

#renderChart("FusionWidgets/AngularGauge.swf", "", "mytest.xml", "NameA", 225, 225, false, false)#

Awaiting your reply.

That turns it in to a string and I get "No Data to Display". The other way it is generating the javascript/flash for the document (viewable in the source code) but the words "Chart." appears and not the chart. The XML works as a file but I don't want to keep creating xml files over and over again for hundreds of users and hundreds of charts...

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Is mytest.xml the string XMl that you are building or is it an xml file?

sorry - I wrote this wrong to begin with. I don't have a .xml after myXML - that is the string xml that i am creating with my code.

#renderChart("FusionWidgets/AngularGauge.swf", "", myXML, "NameA", 225, 225, false, false)#

Edited by Guest

OK - I finally got the right group of keywords and found what I was looking for in a previous post - there were line returns in the generated xml. Removed the last one of those and it works great!