Sign in to follow this  
nitin.daphale

Installing and registering components required to run fusioncharts

Hi,

I have got my development machine to setup and run fusioncharts for a windows C# application. However when it has now come to package the application,we seem to be having issues registering the flash.ocx on the client machine. I have tried registering it manually also without any result. What needs to be installed on the desktop before my C# application using fusioncharts can run ?

thanks

Guest Madhumita

Hello Nitin,

Could you please confirm if your machine has Flash Player 8 or above installed?

Awaiting your reply. :D

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Nitin,

FusionCharts is a Flash animated charting component.

AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.DLL  is a wrapper file.

Please try installing Flash Player 8 and above in your machine, as installation of AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.DLL  alone would not be able to render the chart.

Hope this helps. :D

No Flashplayer 8/10 required when I run my project on mine machine.I had only used AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.DLL.

Still I m successfully seeing all the charts .

But the problem is.............

1> When I package the project and install on another machine(having or not having Flashplayer8/10) there is an exception HRESULT:0x80040154[REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG].

Hi Nitin,

These are just (AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.DLL) a WRAPPER file of original Flash Player (flash.ocx), and to use this wrapper in your application it requires the original OCX file (Flash.ocx) without it the WRAPPER will failed to load/run.

Also, as you can see the the error message HRESULT:0x80040154[REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG], which means it needs to register/install the original Flash Player.

We request you to please install this Flash Player and try again.

I run project on 2 machines having 32 bit environment (ex.XP/Vista/Server2003)successfully.

Same project is not running on 64 bit(ex.Vista) machines.

I have installed latest versions of shockwave and flash players but helpless.

Then I tried to make fresh project this time on 64 bit vista machine but

as soon as drag drop shockwave object either project got crashed or small and unresizable object appeared on the window

which was meaningless.

What is neat procedure to create a window application which will run on both 32-64 bit machines without any external setting ? So that we can just make an installable package comfortable with any environment?

Edited by Guest