Sign in to follow this  
Guest Madhumita

Invalid XML data

Hi,

I am using the below XML to load fusion charts and I am getting an error saying "Invalid XML data"

"<chart showFCMenuItem='0' imageSave='1' ><set label='Assumed Names' value='20' link='?cprName=opr&quantum=Default&searchQuery=Name%3A%22smith%22&lqerf=%3C%23Name%3A%22smith%22%7E5%3C%23&searchType=2&qwe=IndexType%3A%22Assumed+Names%22'/></chart>"

I am using setDataXML API.

Note: If I use setDataURL it is working fine.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Vennilla

Column2D.xml

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Vennila,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum. :)

We have tested the XML codes that you have sent us in our lab.

Could you please try re-checking the URL that you are using in the "link" attribute as otherwise it seems to work fine.

Hi Basundra,

Thanks for the reply, yes I already tried without the link attribute in the XML and it seems to work fine. But the thing is we wanted the graph along with the link attribute and there is no way we can by pass that. This is a real production data which is coming from an external system and we don't have any control over it.

Thanks

Vennnilla

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Vennila,

Could you please try using the dataXML method for the same?

Hope this helps. :)

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

While using dataXML method, the XML string passed to the "setDataXML()" function is escaped while sending the data to FusionCharts object. Your link attribute contains a URL that becomes invalid in this process.

After a bit of researching, we have found out that your link (URL) contains a particular QueryString item called "lqerf=%3C%23Name%3A%22smith%22%7E5%3C%23", which is the reason why the XML is failing.

If you could double-escape the value of lqerf, your chart will work.

The original value "%3C%23Name%3A%22smith%22%7E5%3C%23" after escaping again, becomes: "%253C%2523Name%253A%2522smith%2522%257E5%253C%2523"

Thus, your final XML will be:

<chart showFCMenuItem='0' imageSave='1' ><set label='Assumed Names' value='20' link='?cprName=opr&quantum=Default&searchQuery=Name%3A%22smith%22&lqerf=%3C%23Name%3A%22smith%22%7E5%3C%23&searchType=2&qwe=IndexType%3A%22Assumed+Names%22'/></chart>

Hope This Helps!