Sign in to follow this  
Guest Basundhara Ghosal

exporting chart and data table to pdf

I have a chart with a data table underneath it. I would like to export the whole page - chart and data table - as a pdf file at client-side. Is this possible? What would you recommend?

Thanks

Dave

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, as of now, our export feature only enables us to export the chart and not the contents of the page in which the chart is contained.

You have to use your own pdf generator to do the same.

Thanks Madhumita. Do you know of a good pdf generator? It would need to render the chart as an image, and also bring in the data table from below the chart. Google Analytics does a good job of this. I haven't found a .pdf generator that can do it yet.

Thanks,

Dave

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Could you please look up the internet for Free HTML to PDF converter applicable to your server-side script?

If you can specify the server-side script you are using we can also do the same.

here is a prototype sketch I am building:

http://users.altec.org/~scherrer/KCA/cal/Reports/fusionchart1/myChart3.html

I haven't found a pdf generator that will export both the chart and the data table into a pdf. On the top of the sketch, the 'Save as PDF' button will bring in the data table correctly but shows the chart as a blank box in the pdf. Do you have a suggestion for how to export both to a pdf?

thanks for your help

dave

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

You can follow the steps below:

1. Batch export the charts and save them as images.

2. When the export callback function is raised call the PDF generator to convert the entire page into PDF.

3. Now use PHP library functions to overlay the exported chart images at the required positions in the generated PDF file.

I hope this helps you. Looking forward to your reply.

I agree with following steps to save to pdf document:

1. Batch export the charts and save them as images.

2. When the export callback function is raised call the PDF generator to convert the entire page into PDF.

3. Now use PHP library functions to overlay the exported chart images at the required positions in the generated PDF file.

Or you may try to use a pdf converting tool to directly convert the chart as image.