Sign in to follow this  
Guest Madhumita

Adding ToolTip to the whole chart

Is it possible to add a toolTip to the whole of the chart rather than just the data points? I am trying to create a multiseries line chart showing cash collection for the month (target and actual). I also need to show the cash collected yesterday, cash collected this month, target for collection today and how much above/below the target yesterdays collection was.

22a1bda0-f5f7-4e21-b028-079f.jpg

Unfortunately there is only enough space for the chart without the extra text beneath it. My thought is that, rather than showing the tooltips on dataseries, when the user rolls their mouse over the chart they see a tooltip with all the relevant info in one place.

Many thanks

Simon

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Simon,

I am afraid, as of now FusionCharts does not support this.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

As of now, the toolTip will show if the mouse moves over the specific dataplots(anchors).

You can customize the toolTip text using the toolText attribute in the <set> elements.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks for the replies.

Madhumita, you gave me an idea for a bit of a work around. I have set up a trend area over the entire chart area with alpha set to '0' and the 4 line tooltip on that. Now, unless the mouse pointer is over a specific data point the tooltip appears. 

It's not ideal but it's better than nothing!

Cheers