sbangela

Embed in flash

I'm doing a flash project which needs to show a chart inside it. I'd like to ask whether I can do it with developer license?

From the readme:

Only Enterprise License contains both the .fla and .as files. Developer/Professional/Site license contains .as files only, which can be used to embed the charts in your Flash movies.

Does it mean the chart can be embed in my flash if I use developer license only? If so, could you tell me how to embed it? I only know how to run it in html. Actually, I can't find any .as files inside the package.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your reply. I know this method, but this is not suitable for my case. Sorry that I was not describing clear enough.

Let me re-phrase it. Say, I'm working on a flash called project.swf, and I need to show a chart(MSCombi3D.swf) inside project.swf. That means in the javascript, the flash that I call should be project.swf, not MSCombi3D.swf. My query is how can I load the MSCombi3D.swf inside project.swf?

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, you need the source codes for this, which is available in the FusionCharts Enterprise License.

Looking forward to your reply.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

We do have another workaround for this. Our developers will get back to you shortly. 

Edited by Guest

Hi,

In your application swf (here project.swf), load the chart swf and pass the required parameters (like, xml/url, height, width etc) as query string. Follow the attached files for help.

Thanks.

charts_Fl_CS3.zip

Thank you very much for your kind reply. But when I run "Test movie", it shows two errors:

Error#1

Description: 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: FlashInterfaceEvent.

Source: private function linkClickHandler(e:FlashInterfaceEvent):void

Error#2

Description: 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: FlashInterfaceEvent.

Source: private function renderHandler(e:FlashInterfaceEvent):void

Have I missed anything? Can you please further help to solve it? Thanks!!

Guest Madhumita

Hey,

We are more than happy to have helped you.

Happy FusionCharting. :P