cmassieu

Range Bar

Hello

I've been working with Fusion Charts for over a year now, and I'm very pleased with the product, I only wish you had developed Fusion maps earlier...

I had to create something similar to Fusion Maps some months ago because it wasn't available at the time, and I'm surprised to see how similar my implementation and Fusion Maps are, however there is a functionality that I don't see: the ability to adjust the ranges used to colorize the map areas.

In my implementation there is a range bar with x number of ranges with sliding bars that allow the user to adjust the range for a particular set.

The ranges load with a set min and max value from the xml data and the map areas colorize according to those. When the user moves the sliding bars on the Range Bar, the min and max values of the range change based on the min and max value of the whole bar, then the map is redrawn with the new values.

For this to work there must be a property on the region nodes that is set to be used as the value to determine which range applies to the region.

I don't plan on getting a Fusion Maps license for now, because I'm pretty happy with the functionality I developed, however I think this is a very desirable feature to be included in future versions of Fusion Maps.

Sincerely:

Cmassieu.

I'm not sure if I can give you a working prototype, I will have to ask for permision first, but I don't see a problem with a screenshot in the mean time. Where do you want me to send it? PM with the mail address.

Cmassieu.