Sign in to follow this  
nabyendu

Programatically Change Angular Gauge properties

Hi,

I am integrating FusionWidget Angular Gauge in my web application. I am using setDataUrl(string path_to_xml). This will render the gauge with the values supplied in XML file. This is fine.

Now I want to change some properties for gauge e.g, lowerLimitDisplay,upperLimitDisplay,gaugeStartAngle,gaugeEndAngle,

paletteThemeColor etc. before rendering gauge. That mean  I want to change those property values supplied in XML file before rendering the gauge.

Could you tell me how to acheive this ?

Thanks & Regards

Nabyendu Adhikari

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum.

You would need to add and set values to these attributes in the <chart> element inside the XML.

e.g. <chart lowerLimitDisplay='0'  upperLimitDisplay='100' >

I hope this helps you.

Hi Madhumita,

My data.xml file content is like that

<

chart lowerLimit='0' upperLimit='100' lowerLimitDisplay='Bad' upperLimitDisplay='Good' gaugeStartAngle='135' gaugeEndAngle='45' gaugeOriginX='130' gaugeOriginY='180' gaugeOuterRadius='140' palette='1' numberSuffix='%' tickValueDistance='20' showValue='1' majorTMHeight='10' minorTMHeight='5'>

</chart>

I am using this code

var chart = new FusionCharts( "Charts/AngularGauge.swf", div, width, height, "0", "1" );

chart.setDataURL( "data.xml" );

<--------------- Here I want to change gaugeStartAngle to '0' and  gaugeEndAngle to '180'

chart.render( divId );

Is this possible?

Thanks & regards

Nabyendu Adhikari

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Firstly give an unique id to your chart.

var chart = new FusionCharts( "Charts/AngularGauge.swf", 'Chart1Id', width, height, "0", "1" );

After rendering the chart you can create a string XML say var XMLData = <here you provide the new XML>

Now, you get the chart by its id and do a setdataXMl on that. The chart gets updated internally.

e.g. var chartObj= getChartFromID('id of the chart');

chartObj.setDataXML(XMLData);

Edited by Guest

Hi Madhumita,

I have used chart.setAttribute("width", "600"); chart.setAttribute("height", "180"); which changes the chart size. I have also found other two methods in FusionCharts.js file viz; addParam and addVariable.

var chart = new FusionCharts( "Charts/AngularGauge.swf", "chartID", "200", "200", "0", "1" );

chart.setDataURL("data.xml");

chart.setAttribute("width", "600");  <---- final chart width is 600 although in constructor we provide width value as 200

chart.setAttribute("height", "180"); <---- final chart height is 180 although in constructor we provided height value as 200

chart.render( "chartID");

But I want to change other properties like gaugeStartAngle,gaugeEndAngle.

Can we do it without creating new XML  ?

Thanks & Regards

Nabyendu Adhikari