Sign in to follow this  
Guest Madhumita

FusionChart as image at render time

I am wondering if there is anyway to tell the fusion chart at page render time to render as an image instead of an swf so if the user hits the print button the charts will be displayed. I am using coldfusion and i know i can just set a flag that says render as image, but how do i do this in JavaScript without having to export?

Thanks!

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

I'm afraid, there is not option of FusionCharts to be rendered as an image. You have to make use of the Export functionality to get the image of the chart.

If the image has already been generated what sort of additional code should be added so that it's displayed instead of the FusionChart?

I need to find a solution for browsers that don't support flash--namely an iphone.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

You can use Export Component functionality of FusionCharts to export the charts in a machine which supports Flash. Then use the generated image to be embedded in the browser using the img tag.

Description:

Normally when we send an image through an email, we send it either as an attachment or external link. In addition to these two we have one more way to do the same in ColdFusion, i.e. sending embedded images in an email.

Further Details:

Using CFMAIL tag attributes we provide all the details for sending an email programmatically like TO, FROM, MAILSERVER etc. The body of the email goes in between the starting and ending tags of CFMAIL. CFMAILPARAM (sub tag for CFMAIL) in ColdFusion is normally used to attach a file or add a header to a message. Using this tag, we can send embedded images in an email.

Example Code:

to="{recipient email address}"

from="{sender email address}"

subject="Embedded Image Example"

type="html">

Image Embed Example

file="{path to the image file}"

contentid="img_id"

/>

For more information refer

Guest Rajroop

Hey,

Thanks for the update. I'm sure this will come of use.

Cheers! :)

Normally when we send an image through an email, we send it either as an attachment or external link. In addition to these two we have one more way to do the same in ColdFusion, i.e. sending embedded images in an email.

Further Details:

Using CFMAIL tag attributes we provide all the details for sending an email programmatically like TO, FROM, MAILSERVER etc. The body of the email goes in between the starting and ending tags of CFMAIL. CFMAILPARAM (sub tag for CFMAIL) in ColdFusion is normally used to attach a file or add a header to a message. Using this tag, we can send embedded images in an email.

Example Code:

type="html">

Image Embed Example

contentid="img_id"

/>

Eliza

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this.

This will be definitely of help. :)

Keep smiling and keep FusionCharting. :)

Example Code:

type="html">

Image Embed Example

contentid="img_id"

/>

Hope u find this tip useful.Any suggestions are appreciated.

Guest Rajroop

I'm sure this would help a lot of ColdFusion users!

Thanks for sharing this. :pinch: