simeon

Encoding problem in Mozilla

I have given the drilldown url through the click url. My url encoded properly with UTF-8 format i am getting junk values while loading

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Could you please paste the URL you are passing in the clickURL attribute?

Awaiting your reply.

Actually i have identified the problem exactly. Actually i have one double byte charachter(Chines) while forming the xml i have decoded that url(for ClickUrl attribute). so every thing is fine. what happening is, if i use mozilla firefox browser ,the encoded values are decoded when loding the flash image. when i drill down from the flash image , decoded url only used. so I am getting junk values in the server page.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Simeon,

For dataXML method - the HTML/application file containing the XML as well as the chart SWF should have the BOM stamp.

Please note, for the XML files which are generated one-time and remains static, you can manually insert a BOM mark. This method is applicable when data is retrieved from file using the dataURL method. All you have to do is make sure the file containing the XML data contains a BOM mark or specify one if it is absent. In order to specify a BOM mark, follow these steps:

1. Open the file in question in a text-editor that supports UTF-8 encoding with BOM stamp (Example

Hi,

I dont know how do include that BOM. I have attached the code with this. Pls do the necessary changes and give it to me. I will use this as a sample and i will fix the problem in other charts also.

dial.txt

I have added the BOM characer before the dataXML. Now also while drill down querystring chinease characters are changed to chunk values.pls help me to fix the problem

Edited by Guest

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Did you try using the corresponding character code for the Chinese Characters?

If you could please send us the URL you are using we can test with it.

I tried the following code

byte[] utf8Bom =  new byte[]{(byte) 0xef, (byte) 0xbb, (byte) 0xbf};

String utf8BomStr = new String(utf8Bom,"UTF-8");

xmlData.append(utf8BomStr+"<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>");

xmlData.append("<Chart lowerLimit='0' upperLimit='"+i_maxValue+"'");......