Sign in to follow this  
Guest Madhumita

Anchor Shapes on Scatter Chart

Hey Guys,

I am using a scatter chart and have created a background for it so that it looks like a trucking yard and I can plot the trucks around the yard via the xml.  This works great!

Are there any other shapes I can use as anchors.  So far, I see 3 sided triangles, 4 sided diamonds, and so forth.  I would like to use a rectangle (either via xml config or a .png or some such.)  The rectangle more close resembles the trailer of a truck and would be very cool visually rather than the diamond or triangle. 

Is there anything I can do to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Scott

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, as of now, only the diamond shape is available for the four sided anchor.

If we do find a workaround for this issue, we will let you know.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. We have made a note of the same.

Ok.  Thanks.  Could I draw a line (it would be a small line :D) between two specific points on the chart?  This could give me the effect I am after. 

So if I have various parking locations on my trucking yard and I want to draw a small redline, let's say, to represent a trailer on some specific location of the chart, is that do-able?  Ultimately, there would be lots of small lines representing trailers in parking spots around the yard.

If this is possible, can you point me to the right docs?

Thanks!

Scott

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, this would not be possible using FusionCharts.

In FusionWidgets you can make use of ANNOTATIONS and the DRAWING PAD functionality to do this easily.

ref. - http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/Contents/DP_Overview.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/Contents/DP_Examples.html

Please do give us your feedback if you choose to use these features.

Hey Guys,

I am using the drawing pad with annotations (as you suggested in a previous post) and it is simply awesome.  See the screenshot below. 

This is driven from the database and allows our users to see graphically what is going on in the yard.  I could not be happier with the way this is turning out!  Thanks!

I have a couple questions:  (I have been through the docs and don't see how I might handle these items)

1.  You will notice on the png below that there are horizontal and vertical parking spaces on the yard.  The horizontal slots are easy to label as you can see.  The vertical slots are different.  Is there a way to display text vertically on the drawing pad?  (I see this on many of the other charts and graphs.

2.  Can I make something in the annotation a link?  I have it setup so that we can hover over a truck and it will provide whatever info we want in the tooltip (very cool!).  Can I put a link in the tooltip?

Thanks for an excellent tool!

Scott

4d24d9c0-f7be-42a2-9985-75b9.png