Sign in to follow this  
Kiran Kumar

Is It Possible To Add Notes/Remarks To LineGraph DataPoints?

Scenario:

Say we have a Line Graph with certain upper limit and lower limit and if in case any data point(s) goes out of these specification limits,those data points needs some additional information like remarks / notes to be added on the fly means by clicking on that particular data point user should be able to enter remarks by calling a suitable Ajax / JavaScript asking for remarks.

I sincerely request all Fusion Chart Guru's to help me regarding this requirement.

[Have a look at the attachment]

post-8106-128441582037_thumb.jpg

Hi

In your jsp, where you are constructing the xml, please check if the point is outside the limits, if it is outside the limits, then add the link attribute to that point. (set)

In the link attribute call the javascript function which handles the notes/remarks.

Hope this is what you wanted to know. :)

Srividya

Thank you very much Srividya,

Yes this definitely helped. I have another query.

After adding the Notes / remarks to the data point, the chart is refreshed and currently showing as Tool-tip. I would like to show it as Balloon Help [please see the attachment]. Can it be done? Usually the notes will be very short of 20 characters. Please advice.

post-8106-128441582047_thumb.jpg

Hi Kiran,

I am afraid, this is not possible as of now with the complied swf files.

You can get the source from Enterprise license and remake the code to add balloon tooltips like these on hover event.

NOTE: We are coming up with tooltip customization like these in our next major version v4 in Q3/Q4 of 2010.