Sign in to follow this  
Rahul Kumar

Custom tooltip for pyramid/funnel charts

Hi,

I see that the current tooltip for pyramid charts uses the "DataName,DataValue" format.

If i set the "toolText" property of the Set element to a Custom string value, that string gets displayed instead ("CustomString,DataValue").

My question is - what if i dont wan't any name displayed in the tooltip, just the DataValue part? What attribute needs to be set for that? Am i missing something on the documentation page.

Please advise.

thanks,

Jaideep.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Jaideep,

In case you wish to display the dataValue as the tooltip, please try mentioning the value of the dataplot in the "toolText" attribute.

Ref.-<set...value='25' toolText='25'/>

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

If i do something like this - "set...value='25' toolText='25'", the tooltip comes out as ",25". So in effect it is coming out with a blank data name field followed by a "," and then the datavalue. Is there a way to take that comma that displays before the value in the tooltip out?

thanks.

Jaideep.

Edited by Guest

Hi,

We are currently using the FI2_Pyramid.swf which is dated 5/5/2008.

Is there a better way to find out the exact version of the charts that we are using ?

thanks,

Jaideep.

Hi,

thanks for the response.

You said custom tooltips work fine for you. Is there some setting i might be missing ?

Could you show a sample of the xml data that u are using, so that i can recreate it on my end.

Also, are you using the same version of the pyramid chart that i am currently on?

thanks,

Jaideep.

Hi Jaideep,

Here is a simple xml that works:

<chart caption='Test Pyramid' showPercentInToolTip='0'>
<set value='42' toolText='THIS IS MY TOOLTIP'/>
<set value='43' />
<set value='38' />
<set value='29' />
</chart> 

Tested it with v3.0.2 . Please turn the debugMode "on", then in debug Window you can see the version of the chart you are using.

Srividya :)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried setting the debug mode on...using the following method (javascript)

var myChart = new FusionCharts("../FusionCharts/Column2D.swf", "myChartId", "600", "300", "1", "0");

but the chart does not show the debug window, i suspect the version that we are currently running might not support this feature. Is there any other way to determine the chart version? Also can you point me to a download link where i can download version 3.0.2 from ?

thanks,

Jaideep.

Hi,

Could you please check to see the contact person from our company - LogiXML who had done the initial purchase and the email id on your file.

The upgrade website doesn't seem to recognize my email id. thanks for the help.

Jaideep.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Jaideep,

Could you please mail us your email id at [email protected] so that we can send you the details for the same?

Awaiting your reply.

Edited by Guest