Sign in to follow this  
ChartsJazz

Repost: How can I combine years and quarters on the same chart?

I posted this message on 3/24/2010, a week ago, and have not received a reply from FusionCharts.  The company I work for purchased the Enterprise version of FusionCharts last year and I would like some support from FusionCharts for the product.

Attached is a .png file showing a chart with yearly data, rendered as a 3D column chart.

I want to overlay this chart with 3D bars showing quarterly data, with four 3D bars in front of each year bar.  I do not want to change the X axis labels, so I don't think this is a request for dual X axis, which I understand FusionCharts does not currently support.

However, the quarter series has four times as many data points as the year series, and I want the year bars to remain as wide as they are now, with each group of four quarter bars displayed in front of each year bar.  I hope that's clear.  If not, I can fake a modified picture of the enclosed .png to illustrate what I want.

The UI has a dropdown which allows the user to change the chart type.  If the user selects line, I want this chart to have two lines, one with a data point for each year and another line with a data point for each quarter within each year.  Again, I don't want to change the X axis labels.  Similarly, the user can select 2D column and area chart.  In each case I want the data for both the years and the quarters to be rendered with the same type that the user selects, and no change to the X axis.

1. How can I accomplish this with FusionCharts Enterprise?

2. When will the next version of FusionCharts be released?

3. Will the next version of FusionCharts support dual X axes?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

post-6109-128441582455_thumb.png

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi David,

Firstly we apologize for the inconvenience.

Currently we are looking into the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi,

Do you think chart like the image attached below would cater to your needs?

5c7e009a-18b6-4c00-bd81-0b09.jpg

If so you can try MSCombi3D chart for with clustered settings.

Please check it live :http://www.fusioncharts.com/gallery/Chart.asp?mscombi3d_2

2. When will the next version of FusionCharts be released?

>> We are working on FusionCharts v4 (a mojor release) which we expect to release on Q3 of 2010.

Sudipto,

Thank you for your prompt reply, which has been my experience on the FusionCharts forums in the past.

Thank you for your suggestion.  However, I looked at the documentation for MSCombi3D chart for with clustered settings at http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/AttDesc/3D_Attributes.html and that will not do what I want to accomplish.  In the examples on that page, whether clustered is 1 or 0 there are the same number of bars in every series. 

I want two series with a different number of bars in each series.  One series is years.  For example, 2005 through 2010 would have 6 bars.  The other series is quarters.  There are 4 quarters per year, so the second series would have 24 bars.  The width of each bar in the year series should be as wide as 4 quarter bars.  The 4 quarter bars for each year should be "in front of" the bar in the year series for that year.