Sign in to follow this  
alvinlcf

Problem in changing file name of exported chart

Hi,

I am trying to export fusion charts using client side export method.

Export is working fine and I could able to save chart as PDF/JPG/PNG as long as file name is "FusionCharts" (default file name) But If I try to change the file name (say "FusionCharts1" or "FusionCharts1.pdf") in Save As dialogue box, Chart is not getting saved with expected file type and saved file is not getting opened.

Any suggestion/ help is highly appreciated.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Suresh,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum. :)

Could you please send us the XML code that you are using?

Awaiting your reply.

Hi,

Please find XML code below.

<chart palette='3' caption='Exception Analysis' xAxisName='EXCEPTION_TYPE' yAxisName='TRADE_COUNT' showValues='1' formatNumberScale='0' showBorder='1'exportEnabled='1' exportAtClient='1' exportHandler='fcExporter1' ><set label='DK' value='30' /><set label='DWK' value='36' /><set label='DISCREPANCY' value='26' /><set label='AWVL' value='28' /><set label='OR' value='22' /><set label='OD' value='34' /><set label='MISC' value='27' /><styles> <definition> <style name='myBevel' type='Bevel'/>   </definition> <application> <apply toObject='Background' styles='myBevel' /></application>  </styles></chart>

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Suresh,

We have tested your XML codes and it seems to work fine.

Please note that FusionCharts supports only the changing of the name of the file in the 'Save' dialog-box and not the extension of the file.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Suresh,

We have again tested your XML codes in our lab and is not able to replicate the issue.

Please refer to the sample that we are sending you as an attachment.

Hope this helps. :)

Export_at_client.zip

Hi All,

i do face the same problem.

after generate the chart to any type, i save the file.

during saving process, a dialog box will appear to allow me to pick a destination of this storage.

i try to change the default file name, change it to anything other than the default file name, and click save.

the file will become an unknown file format.

example can get from this link:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/Demos/ExportChart/Contents/client_export.html

after access to this link, please click on "export" button and click "save" button, then follow by changing the file name (turn on the HIDE EXTENSION in ur folder option setting)..in the end, the file will become an unknown file format. you still can view the file by adding in the extension MANUALLY.

ps: u need to set your folder option to hide the file extension before the renaming process.

i really hope that i can get some ans from here..many thanks for any replies / guidance...thank you..

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum. :)

We have re-tested the demo(link that you have sent us) and is not able to replicate the issue.

Please refer to the folder that you are sending you as an attachment.

The folder contains three same images in three different format which we have saved directly by clicking the 'Save' button and then renaming the file name.

Hope this helps.

images.zip

thank you for you reply.

but do help me to understand where did i do wrong on below steps: (please refer attachment, is the steps that i did)

1) click on the url : http://www.fusioncharts.com/Demos/ExportChart/Contents/client_export.html

2) click on the "Export Chart", and it will capture the data.

3) after finish capture the data, a "Save" button will appear along with the file format that you wanted to save into.

4) i click "Save", and the save dialog box prompt with the default file name, "FusionCharts". (note: the name is without any extension as the end of file as i turn ON the "Hide extension" setting on my folder option)

5) then i rename it to "newfile". (note: i also name it without the extension), and i click "Save" button.

6) wala~ the "newfile" become an unknown file format.

since we are refering to the same code program, please guide me, which steps did i do wrong that causing the file become unknown file format after i rename the default file name.

thank you so much , looking for your reply. :)

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

1) Please confirm that the "Folder Settings"  where you wish to save the image does not hide the file extension.

2) Please rename the file only and the extension of the file.

Hope this helps. 

Hi Basu,

yes, that will definately works. but the sad part is, this solution required user's input instead of system.

so my final question, is this 1 of the limitation of this free version FusionChart?

thank you so much for responding.:):P

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Thanks for your appreciation.

This is a limitation of Action Script and as a result it will involve the user's input for changing only the file name and not the extension. :)