Sign in to follow this  
Sanjukta

Cannot change colorRange on Bullet Graph

The documentation for Bullet Graphs indicates that you can specify a color for each color item in the ColorRange, i.e., the following XML is given as an example:

<chart lowerLimit='0' upperLimit='100' caption='Revenue' subcaption='US $ (1,000s)' numberPrefix='$' numberSuffix='K' showValue='1' >

<colorRange>

<color minValue='0' maxValue='50' color='A6A6A6'/>

<color minValue='50' maxValue='75' color='CCCCCC'/>

<color minValue='75' maxValue='100' color='E1E1E1'/>

</colorRange>

<value>78.9</value>

<target>80</target>

</chart>

However, modifying the color attribute for a color item in the ColorRange does not have any affect on the chart colors.  Is this a bug in the Bullet Graph or a bug in the documentation?

Thanks

Patty

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Patty,

I am afraid, the <colorRange> element of the Bullet Graph does not support the 'color' attribute.

Could you please specify us the link of FusionWidgets online documentation that describes "that you can specify a color for each color item in the ColorRange"?

Awaiting your reply.

http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/

In the section under Bullet Graphs -> Creating a simple graph there is sample XML and the following text

Here, we've

• Defined the color range (numerical value for qualitative ranges) for the chart under <colorRange> element. Each range value has its own exclusive minValue and maxValue and also a color code.

Guest Rajroop

Hey Patty,

I would like to extend my earnest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you over this matter.

Could you please replace the 'color' attribute with the 'code' attribute in the XML that you are using i.e. the one you have quoted in your first post on this thread and see if it works for you?

Ex:

<chart lowerLimit='0' upperLimit='100' caption='Revenue' subcaption='US $ (1,000s)' numberPrefix='$' numberSuffix='K' showValue='1' >

<colorRange>

<color minValue='0' maxValue='50' code='A6A6A6'/>

<color minValue='50' maxValue='75' code='CCCCCC'/>

<color minValue='75' maxValue='100' code='E1E1E1'/>

</colorRange>

<value>78.9</value>

<target>80

</chart>

This is due to a singular incongruity in our documentation which we will resolve promptly.

Please do update us on whether this worked for you.

Hi Rajroop,

Yes that worked, thank you.

However, I am experiencing a couple of issues with this chart and I'm trying to debug it.  I've used many of the charts so far and this is the first one that I've had to use the debug feature.  It does not seem to be working for this chart.  The debug information flashes on the screen but is immediately replaced with either the chart (if it's working) or the text "No data to Display". I noticed on the other charts that the chart is rendered behind the debug information but that is not the case on this one.  Is there a more recent swf for this chart that may have this issue fixed? 

Patty

Hi Patty,

You are welcome. :(

Glad that your issue is resolved.

However, I am experiencing a couple of issues with this chart and I'm trying to debug it.  I've used many of the charts so far and this is the first one that I've had to use the debug feature.  It does not seem to be working for this chart.  The debug information flashes on the screen but is immediately replaced with either the chart (if it's working) or the text "No data to Display". I noticed on the other charts that the chart is rendered behind the debug information but that is not the case on this one.  Is there a more recent swf for this chart that may have this issue fixed?

Could you please send us the sample code that you are using to render the chart?

Awaiting your reply.

I'm sorry Sanjukta but I resolved this issue.  It was a coding error that was causing the debug to not work properly.  Once I was able to run debug I found my problem and now all is working well.  Thanks again for your help.

Patty

Hi FusionCharts team,

I had the same problem and it got fixed by replacing color with code. However, your documentation for the bullet charts hasnt been updated as promised by you. Please update it as soon as possible so that other users dont face the same issue again.

Thanks,

Atul

Hey Patty,

I would like to extend my earnest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you over this matter.

Could you please replace the 'color' attribute with the 'code' attribute in the XML that you are using i.e. the one you have quoted in your first post on this thread and see if it works for you?

Ex:

<chart lowerLimit='0' upperLimit='100' caption='Revenue' subcaption='US $ (1,000s)' numberPrefix=' numberSuffix='K' showValue='1' >

<colorRange>

<color minValue='0' maxValue='50' code='A6A6A6'/>

<color minValue='50' maxValue='75' code='CCCCCC'/>

<color minValue='75' maxValue='100' code='E1E1E1'/>

</colorRange>

<value>78.9</value>

<target>80

</chart>

This is due to a singular incongruity in our documentation which we will resolve promptly.

Please do update us on whether this worked for you.

Guest Angie

Hi,

Thanks for your continued patience and patronage.

We are working on the documentation and will try to correct ASAP.

Keep FusionCharting!biggrin.gif